Epilogue

Aragorn POV

"Now come the days of the Kings. May they be blessed." Gandalf says, placing the crown gently on my head. I look to my right, looking at Elvion kneeling next to me. I thought it would take convincing for him to let me crown him king also, but his only stipulation was that, when he comes into power over Rivendell and Lothlorien, I am made a lord over those as well. It seemed like a fair deal. I take his hand and stand, walking up the steps. Iston stops one step below me, he's determined to make this day mine. I turn and look at the people. They are excited for this new age. As am I

"This day does not belong to one man, but to all. Let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in the days of peace." I announce.

"Et Earello Endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn  Ambar-metta! (Out of the great sea to Middle Earth I have come. In this place I will abide, and my heirs, unto the end of the world.)" I walk slowly down and through the crowd of people as I sing. I approach Legolas with his father and Eomer. 

"Hannon le." I say, thanking him, and he smiles at me before stepping aside. Lord Elrond stands, dressed in a bright white. Galadriel, Celebrain, Elrohir, Elladan, and Arwen stand with him. I bow my head to them and they nod back.

I move to the dwarves, and Gimli slaps me on the shoulder. His kin stand behind him. Eowyn and Faramir smile at me from where they stand together. I turn back to the steps and take Elvions hand. Éothain stands next to the steps, dressed in the colors and seal of Gondor. As usual, he is holding hands with his sister who is dressed in a red dress. He remembered to wash his face. He looks over to me nervously. This is the first time he's appeared in public as part of my family and as heir to the throne. I smile at him reassuringly.

Elvion and I look out over the crowd. The four hobbits stand nearby and we walk towards them. They look at each other before kneeling in front of us.

"My friends," I say softly. "you bow to no-one."

We bow before them and the entire crowd follows suit. The hobbits look around in amazement.

Later, we sit around a table feasting.

"So this is the end then? Of the fellowship?" Sam asks. The nine members left all sit clustered near the head of the table.

"I think, in some ways, it never ends." Frodo says and we all look at him.

"Hear, hear." Gimli says, raising his cup. We all raise our goblets in return.

Frodo is not wrong however. Over the years, the fellowship is almost constantly together. We're there in the shire when Sam gets married and we're all together when Éothain is officially acknowledged as heir to Gondor. When Legolas and Eomer get married, the other eight of us can be found in the crowd. The fellowship comes together, many years later, when Elrond, Elrohir, Elladan, Galadriel, Celebrian, Gandalf, and Frodo sail to the Valinor.

There is some sadness over the years as our Mortal friends die but there is also so much joy. Over the next 500 years, we help to rebuild Middle Earth. After those 500 years, Legolas, Gimli, and Eomer sail across the sea.

Arwen, Éothain, and Freda grow up together in Gondor. They choose the path of immortality with the intention of leaving to sail west when the time is right. When Elrond is still here, we mostly stay near Gondor, visiting Lorien and Rivendell often. But when he departs, Elvion crosses back and forth until Arwen is old enough to take control as the regent of Rivendell. When Freda grows old enough, she becomes a lady of Lorien. Éothain is crowned king of Gondor.

Elvion and I are the last of the fellowship to stay in Middle Earth. His heart especially belongs to this land. But soon the time comes and we make our way to the Gray Havens and tell our children goodbye. It's made easier by the fact that we know it's temporary and that we will see them again soon.

I stare out of the boat swaying in the water. Elvion's hand is in mine. I find myself unable to take a step forward.

"Walk with me." He says softly and steps forward. I follow him and he leads us onto the boat. His staff sits in his hand. There is no need for that magic in Middle Earth anymore so it is coming with us.

We watch the land drift away until it disappears behind the horizon, then we turn to face west. The sea seems to go on forever in every direction but I feel no fear, not with him next to me. The trip doesn't take long and soon we see a dock in the distance. As we get closer, I see that our friends and family have assembled to greet us. I see a woman who I have never met before standing hand in hand with Elrond. She stands the same way Elvion does and her face is set in the same way.

Our boat bumps gently against the wood of the dock. And I move to step off the ship. Elvion hangs back.

"Iston," I say, lacing his fingers with mine. I never stopped calling him both names. "There is nothing to be afraid of here and there is no time for fear."

A smile spreads across his face and we step together onto the shore and into the midst of some of the people we love most. Our work in Middle Earth is complete and now it is our turn to finally settle into the peace we fought so hard to have.

That's it! Thank you for your time and reads and votes. I hope you enjoyed it!

If you're at all interested, there should be more lord of the rings stuff up on my page soon. At least some one shots but probably more!

Thank you again!