Chapter 2

At the end of the month, I went to the hospital to see my grandfather. As he is old, his health worsens day by day. When I arrived, it was already past lunchtime, so I didn't bump into either the nurse or my grandmother. Seeing him, I couldn't help but sit on the side of his bed and start secretly telling him about my problems.

Later, when the nurse came to take his temperature, I remembered that Mu Chenghe was waiting for me downstairs.

In recent days, the temperature in the room has dropped, we have gone from summer to autumn, and the hospital is crowded with people with the flu everywhere. Mu Chenghe waited for me in the waiting room for over an hour.

I was quick to apologize: "I forgot the time."

"Don't worry, it's raining anyway."

When we got home, he had already caught a cold

When we got home, he had already caught a cold. His symptoms are very different from those of ordinary people, he usually has a very high fever without any previous symptoms.

However, he flatly refused to admit that he had a fever, while claiming that he only felt slightly dizzy.

I touched his forehead: "You are much hotter than me."

"It is your hand that is cold."

"You have to take the medicine, you must have a fever."

"No, I do not take it." When it comes to taking medicine, he becomes extremely childish.

If it is already difficult to persuade him to take medicine, trying to get him to the clinic is an impossible mission. If I had known that he was like a sponge for viruses, I would have paid more attention to him from the beginning.

Finally, I remembered that on New Years Eve he didn't take any medicine either, it was definitely not because he couldn't, but that he just didn't want to take it, so he made up an excuse to trick me into giving me up

In the past, in my house we didn't have a thermometer, so my dad would kiss me on the forehead, this way he could immediately detect if my body temperature was higher than normal. At the moment I remembered this method, I immediately put the glass of water on the table, held his head firmly, and without hesitation dropped my lips to his forehead. Very hot.