~8~

"So...how's everything going?" Bright asked as he approached the younger.

"Been ok. Just needed a breather" Win responded

Bright shook his head silently and sat down on the swing next to him. For the past week he had been coming here, hoping to run into the younger. Call him crazy but he missed seeing him and hadn't had the time to text him as much because of work.

"Same here"

Win wanted Bright to say more but he knew the elder was probably tired. He looked tired. The dark circles under his eyes and the distant look on his face says it all.

"Should you really be here?" Win asked worriedly

"Why do you ask?" Bright knew why. He could tell from the expression on Wins face. Yes, he was tired, but he just wanted to see him in person.

"You don't have to force yourself to be here, Bright." Win sighed softly "you look like you haven't gotten any sleep lately"

Bright let out a small grunt as he kicked his legs softly on the dirt.

"I know I don't" He agreed "but I wanted to see you"

Win turned to look at Bright and saw the faint blush on his checks under the street lights. He smiled and glanced back at the ground.

"You shouldn't say that to your sisters boyfriend" Win mumbled

Bright winced at the word and felt the stab in his heart again. He was wondering why Win hadn't broken up with Dawn yet. Was she forcing him? Did he actually like her?

"Why-"

"Am i with her?" Win finished "simple. I like her and I need to be with her"

This time Bright looked up at Win.

"Oh" Bright whispered "well at least now you know"

Win stood up and looked up at the moon to let out a long sigh.

"Honestly, I don't know why I thought I was a fag, I mean, it just wasn't for me. Dawn was right about you, Bright"

Bright stood up in front of Win and gripped his wrist.

"What the fuck did you say to me?"

"Kissing you was a mistake. I was just horny and bored, maybe even curious. But now I know it was nothing and that it's wrong, you should be ashamed of who you are" Win spat.

He grabbed his hand back from Bright and walked away.

Darkness covered Brights eyes and everything in his vision blurred out. He felt his chest ace and burning all over his body. A sudden punch in his chest came and he placed his hand over his heart as he slowly fell to the ground. He could feel the tears rolling down his eyes.

Soon what be thought was laughing was heard not far from him. Bright looked up to see in the distance Dawn and Win giggling to each other. The street light shined on them like a spotlight, as if they were the only ones around.

Win looked over to Bright and laughed louder, a sound Bright thought he could fall in love with.

Bright woke up sweaty with his heart racing.

He closed his eyes to control his breathing.

Just a dream...it was just a dream?

Bright opened his eyes to look around his room and find the alarm clock on the side of the bed.

2:47 a.m.

Bright groaned and made his way of out his bed to then walk to his kitchen.

"What the fuck was that dream about?" Bright whispered to himself.  He moved to the fridge to take out a bottle of water, after chugging it down and disposing it, he walked back to his room to lay in his bed.

After 20 minutes of trying to go back to sleep, Bright knew he wouldn't be able to. He decided to go for a walk and take a breather.

Putting sweats and shoes on Bright was out his door and on his way to the park. As he made his way closer , he saw someone sitting on the swings. For a split second he believed it was Win but he couldn't be out this late, right?

Once he was closer he realized it was in fact Win. He looked sad. He had snacks in his hand and was sipping down on a sprite.

Bright made his way closer trying to sneak up on the younger , but as if he sensed him, Win turned around slowly and his eyes seem to lit up.

Bright felt his heart skip a beat as he watch Win stand up and smile warmly at him.

Bright cleared his throat and made his way to the swing to next to Win and sat down.

"What're you...why are you here?" Was the first thing Bright could spill out of his mouth.

Win laughed dryly and took a bite of a grape.

"Haven't heard from you in weeks and that's what you asked?"

It didn't sound bitter but it did sound like Win was hurt he hadn't heard from the elder.

Bright sighed and let of a small sorry.

"Would it be bad if I said I missed you?" Win asked as he took a sip of his soda.

"No" Bright answered "I missed you too"

They'd been sitting outside on the swing set for an hour now. Bright was surprise to see he'd stay longer seeming it was almost 5 in the morning and on a school night.

Bright wasn't even expecting to see Win at all.

He had figured Win wouldn't come back after the kiss they had shared . And the fact he'd been seeing him and Dawn get together more often.

Sometimes Bright would come over to wash his clothes and see the two in the living room watching a movie or doing homework. Bright would be lying if he said seeing the scene didn't hurt, it did. He wanted so bad to be able to sit and talk with Win but it seemed that Dawn always stood in the way.

Still. Bright tried his best to be a good friend to Win, even though he wanted to be more than that.

"Haven't heard from you in a while...work load getting big?" Win suddenly asked.

Bright simply nodded and looked to his shoes.

"Lots of weddings and baby showers going on right now" Bright explained.

Win nodded then turned back to the large tree in front of them. For some reason this interaction between them felt...awkward? Win felt that they didn't have the certain flare they had before. They all the warm feelings from when they last spoke wasn't there.

Win could only guess it was because he'd been spending more time with Dawn lately.

Win was going to break up with her, but after Mikes words, he felt conflicted. He was scared if he wasn't normal he'd loose everything he loved. He figured he'd stay with Dawn until she breaks up with him. Win had a solid plan, act like everything was okay then distance himself until she couldn't handle it. Sure, it sounded like a dick move, but it was the best idea he had and he'd already cheated when he kissed Bright.

"You're thinking too loud" Bright joked "I think you may have busted my ear drum"

Win let out a breathy laugh to then gently punch Bright in his shoulder.

"Sorry, just..." Win trailed off as he made eye contact with Bright.

"Just what..?"

"Nothing"

++++++++++***

I'm sorry for the late updates guys 😭😭. I'm trying my best really.

Enjoy and please vote💕💕💕.