~11~

Things were going smoothly at first.

Win was able to let the day of breaking up with Dawn not give him any trouble.

Until he got home later that evening.

Win didn't know why , but he felt crappy. Everything Dawn said made him rethink all his decisions while they were dating.

It made him realize how it was him who was being a bad partner. After meeting Bright, Win could feel the care he had for Dawn drifting away. How he didn't cling to her as much anymore; how he wasn't up for random dates and late night phone calls.

The sex part didn't worry him though. He knew for a fact he wasn't ready, but it still hurt to know Dawn thought the way she did. How she made it seem like he was disgusted by her.

Am I really such a bad person?

Win was going crazy with all his thoughts. It made him feel as if he didn't deserve anything anymore.

Then he thought back to Dawns threat.

She had power in that school. Any accusation that Dawn put out there would be believed. No questions asked.

He didn't want his reputation at school to be ruined or to be bullied by half the student body. Win wasn't sure what lie or plan Dawn could come up with, but he knew she was capable of it.

Win was brought out of his thoughts when he heard his phone vibrate.

Bright
I hope you're having a better day than me 😪.

Win slightly chuckled at the oldest text and moved positions in his bed so he could get comfortable.

Win
Try me.

                                           Bright
            Had a client come in today and demand a refund because in the background of her photos was a bird throwing up. I told her I could crop it out but she just kept yelling at me demanding her money back.

Win
🥺awe that poor bird. I hope it's okay, they don't just throw up for no reason.

Did you give her a refund?

                                              Bright
No. I gave her a deal and told her I'd do another photo shoot with her just half the price. I spent the money on gear and groceries already.

Win
Seems like your day was still better than mine ;)

                                              Bright
Well then smarty pants, how was your day?

Should I tell him? Win thought. It's not like it would be a total bad idea. But what if Bright changed his mind about them? Even though they don't get along, Bright still loves her and would do anything in the world if it meant she was happy.

Win
Stepped in a load of shit today and it ruined my favorite shoes ☹️.

                                                 Bright
Right. That does sound way worse than my day.

If you want, I can take you shopping for more.

If you want though. If you're fine then never mind.