Chapter 4

I walked inside my house with a sigh; it's been a crazy day, even if I hadn't really done anything. But my 'sort of' boyfriend (or at least that's what people assume) had gotten into a fight, and I don't know if he's expelled or anything. It wouldn't matter either way, he barely shows up to school anyhow. But still. I couldn't help but to think if he's okay, or Kresten and James.

James, being the most violent of them all probably was fine, and felt relieved from the fight. He probably felt superior, invincible, and unstoppable. When really the real senses in the conflict is immune in his point of view.

And Kresten, he probably could care less about the consequences, he's probably stoked about how quickly he stole off on the guy, and Michael probably felt the same.

Rebecca sat with Haley on the couch, their eyes fixed on the TV screen. I sighed heavily and I managed to capture both of their attention. "Oh, you're here!" Rebecca exclaimed, standing up and grabbing her book bag. Hmm, she must be in college or something. "Uh, bye Haley, I'll see you Monday." She waved to her and Haley did the same.

The next thing I knew, she left. I jumped on the couch instantly beside Haley and she made a disgusted look, as if I were a stranger. "

What's up?" I asked with a cheeky grin. It's nice to have some sister to sister talk with her, even if she is younger than me.

"Why do you hate Rebecca?" She asked quickly, looking me in the eyes. I stared at her, not having an answer on that. I guess the reason why I can't stand her is because she had totally replaced me as being Haley's sister, but I can't let Haley know that I was jealous of her. Because then, I'd admit to being weak. And even if I am, I wouldn't want for people to know that.

I sighed, playing with my fingers as an occupation. "It's complicated." I muttered.

She had suddenly scrunched her nose weirdly and squeezes it. "You smell!" She shouted.

My eyes had widened and I stood up, alarmed by her sudden outburst. "You smell weird!" She shouted again, I could tell that the smell was slowly killing her inside and out.

The smell of weed....I slowly backed away. This hurts, my own sister....rejecting my presence. I went upstairs quickly to wash the smell off; I have to remember to do this whenever I smoke. But I'm so new to it, I'm so used to just approaching anyone anywhere, being some frilly girl who loves life. Yeah, I used to be like that...but my dad's death has completely changed me, and I feel like no one would understand if I took the time to explain, not even my mom.

The whole day was normal, but I was thinking about the guys more and more. And what ever happened to the other guy I ran into not too long ago? Brandon, was it? I haven't seen him ever since. Anyways, right after the weekend went by, it was then Monday.

The whole school time, I thought about Michael even more, since I hadn't seen him since Friday. Lola and I had tried going to his house Sunday, but he wasn't there.

Did he do something horrible and somehow managed to get arrested? I hope not.

I was then relieved when school had ended, so I can see him and ask how he could think about getting into a fight at school, just because of a minor joke about him and his friends smoking weed. I smoke, and I don't get offended when I hear girls whisper bad things about me, and how I'm a druggie. When I'm clearly not, I don't do drugs, although I'm sometimes curious about doing it. Maybe it's a pride thing for them.

As soon as I came home from school, I demanded for Rebecca to stay with Haley a little while longer while I go and see Michael, if he's even at his house. And after it took a few minutes for someone arbitrary like her to be convinced, I finally stepped outside my house, basking into the crisp air.