Chapter 25

I stood in front of the car of Shaun’s; helping Lola put her luggage and suitcases in the trunk of his car. He stood there, fiddling with his keys. Yeah, it was finally Saturday, and I wasn’t surprised at the fact that Lola and I had done absolutely nothing before she would leave off, except last night when we ate ice cream and watched a movie together. She was, for once in a few weeks, not hanging with Shaun, and it was only because his parents told him that he had to focus on packing, and that he didn’t need company over at the time.

After I placed the last bag in there, she slammed it shut and breathed out a sigh. All of us stood there. Michael, James, Kresten, Vincent, and Brett. I haven’t talked to Michael ever since he punched me, so it was kind of awkward. I stood beside Kresten, as he looked into Lola’s eyes, begging for her to stay. And I could tell she could read his look as well, considering the fact that she gazed at him and quickly looked back at me.

Shaun approached his car door awkwardly, probably ready to leave the goons that were about to attack him until Lola was brave enough to admit her faults that day of her birthday.

“I guess this is it.” She confirmed, biting her lips as if she were nervous but indeed ready. She looked back at the other guys, waved, and looked back at me, “I’ll miss you the most,” She figured, playing with my black hair. I giggled softly as a tear fell from my eye. “Stay clean, kid. And whatever you do, always follow your heart, and I’m sure it’ll guide you to a safe place. It’s your guiding light, you hear? That’s what I learned.” She winked at me and gave me a huge hug, not letting go.

Surprisingly, she smelled like a mixture of cologne and scented perfume, and I realized that the cologne must’ve been from her being all affectionate with Shaun before she declared to put her things away.

“My room’s completely empty now, you sure you know of a place to stay?” She cocked an eyebrow at me, giving me a nagging glare.

 “Yes.” I said with a nod. And this time, I wasn’t lying.

“Really? Where?” She asked.

I inhaled the fresh air, glancing at Kresten and back at her. “Brandon. He decided to let me stay with him.” I confirmed aloud, and I could feel Michael boring his eyes into the side of my face, probably giving me the nastiest and most jealous glare ever. I still hadn’t broken up with him, and I plan to do it when Lola would officially be out of town, which would be tonight.

“I love you guys, remember that, alright? I promise to visit, and whenever I’m ready, maybe I’ll come back for good with Shaun.” She looked directly at all of the guys and back at Kresten, giving him an apologetic smile.

Shaun smiled lightly as she stood face to face with Kresten, him giving her a blank stare. He stood as if he were trying to put on a front, like he could care less anymore about her leaving for good. But I knew that deep down inside, he wanted to get on his knees.

“You have anything to say to me?” She questioned with a small smile.

He shook his head from side to side.

“Nothing at all?” She asked, her eyebrows knitting into confusion.

He repeated his head motion again. “

You don’t want to hug me? Or anything?” She assumed.

He shrugged his shoulders.

She breathed out a sigh in defeat, gazing at the fairly large but old-looking house that stood before her, all of us. She took a deep breath and before I knew it, she was crying. I don’t know, tears of joy, maybe? Or tears of leaving the place in which she grew up in, where all of her friends are. “You better call me, Heather! That’s an order.” She commanded with a playful grin. I waved at her as she got inside the SUV of Shaun’s, and he waved at me, not waving at the other guys because they resented him. Before I knew it, he drove off, and the last I saw of Lola was that she was waving, and then the car was no longer in eye view.