Chapter 35

“What?” My mom practically yelled in the car on our way to the doctor on the following Tuesday’s afternoon. Yep, I managed to survive Monday and Tuesday without punching someone in the face for talking about me. My mom was completely astonished in a bad way to know that I stormed out of Ms. Morse’s office. I didn’t even plan on telling her I did, Ms. Morse must’ve informed her sometime today, don’t know why, though. “What do you mean you stormed out of the office?” She asked while driving.

I rolled my eyes, “Mom, she’s constantly getting on my case lately. It’s annoying.” I groaned out.

My mom exchanged a glance at me and back at the road, “Ms. Morse works with teen and kids about their lives, she’s a shrink and part time therapist,” She continued, “It’s her job.”

I rolled my eyes again, “You don’t understand. You should hear the remarks at school people give me. Going to the school shrink would just make it worse.”

“Like what?” My mom asked tersely, glancing back at me and at the road

. “They’ve been constantly talking about me about the abortion, which, I don’t knowhow they found out.” I vented out.

“What? They know?” She slowed down the SUV at this, and I nodded. “How? No one else knew but you and me.” She stated peculiarly.

“Well, somehow…” My voice trailed off, a thought occurring to my mind.

“What? What is it?” My mom asked in a panicked voice tone. I didn’t reply to her, I was too focused on the thoughts that were scurrying around in my head. It all came back to me, of course! I admitted to one person that goes to our school about being pregnant and aborting the baby, I must’ve been intoxicated while I admitted this! That’s the only way, and I’ve only been withone person while I was in my early intoxicated state.

My eyes narrowed at the road while I thought about this. That person was, Elaine. He must’ve known. Ugh, I knew he’d probably tell everyone, that’s probably why he kept giving me constant glares in the hallway! I groaned at this, with a mixture of moaning in my voice. As if life couldn’t get any more challenging than it already has.

“Elaine…” I said aloud slowly, and my mom stared at me for a long time as soon as she cut of the engine in the parking lot. We were here.

“Elaine? Who’s that?” She questioned, gathering her purse and keys. I quickly snapped back to reality, giving her a quick reassuring look and getting out of the car. She mimicked me, looking at me right after, probably expecting an answer.

“No one. Let’s just…get this over with.” I straightened myself out and walked into the building, my mom following me.

After I waited several minutes in the waiting lobby with my mom, I could finally go inside the office. I met with my doctor before, so it wasn’t weird of course. “Hello. It’s great to see you again, Heather.” A small smile was plastered on her face, and it made me feel awkward. “How are you feeling?” She suddenly asked, guiding me onto some strange type of cushion. It felt like leather.

I sat down on it, shrugging afterwards, “I’m good.”

She glanced at my mom who watched us, glancing at her wrist watch and at us back and forth like she had some place else to be after a while. “Have you been taking the mifepristoneand misoprostol like I recommended for you to?” She suddenly questioned, writing things on a clipboard.

I nodded my head.

She finally met eyes with me, “Well, let’s get you tested to see if it’s working.”