chapter 9: hostage?

Jooheon very carefully peaked around the corner and immediately snapped back. "oh my god" he whispered at Changkyun, pure panic in his eyes. Changkyun just nodded. "But we can't go back. We can't just let this happen" he whispered, grabbing onto Jooheon's hand. "But what do we do? What if they have a weapon? We can't just run over there" Changkyun agreed with a slight nod. "What about sneaking out of here and calling the police?" he asked, looking up at Jooheon hopefully. "That's actual a very good idea. But I don't think we should leave him alone with these guys. We need to be able to step in if something happens. So one of us is going to call the police and one has to stay here" Changkyun sighed, his breath was shaky and tears forming in his eyes. "I know it's scary, but we can't leave him here. I could never forgive myself if I did" Jooheon whispered softly, caressing Changkyun's cheek without giving it much thought. "You're probably right. Okay, I will stay here and you go and call the police"

Jooheon's eyes widened. "You want to stay here?" Changkyun nodded, determined and scared at the same time. "I don't think I would be able to function enough to even make a call" he admitted with a nervous smile. "Okay, fine. Promise me that you won't do anything that could hurt you" Jooheon mumbled. Another nod from Changkyun. Jooheon turned around and sneaked back into the shop as quiet as humanly possible. As soon as he was out of the storage room, he jumped over the counter and basically ran out of the shop, his head spinning with all the thoughts that were swirling around in it. "Okay, okay. Police" he tried to calm himself down. In one smooth motion, his phone was in his hands and he dialed the police. "Hello?" he asked, voice shaking from nervousness. "Yes, I need help. Desperately. I am at a small shop and they are holding the cashier hostage"

Changkyun stood behind the boxes, carefully observing the scene that played out in front of him. A man, the cashier, was bound to a chair, tape forcing his arms behind his back. In front of him stood two guys, one of the holding something Changkyun couldn't see clearly. Probably a weapon. They were yelling at the man, slapping him every now and then. They were clearly angry, very angry. Changkyun gulped. If he was noticed by those guys, it was over for sure. Better keep quiet. He made a step back to hide from their sight.

CRACK

Changkyun's head snapped around, staring at the bag of chips that was laying on the ground. His foot on it. His eyes grew wide, now he was panicking. "no no no" he mumbled, turning around to see if there was any spot he could hide. Of course, there was nothing. "What was that?" he heard one of the guys say. Changkyun's held his breath, freezing on the spot, trying not to make any more sounds. Footsteps walking towards him. "fuck fuck fuck shit what do i do, what do i do-" he whispered, sweat running down his temples. "Who are you?" a voice right in front of him suddenly asked. Changkyun scared at the man. It was one of the criminals. "Um... I... Um" He was unable to answer, his voice broke and tears started streaming down his face. The criminal grinned at him in the dirtiest way Changkyun had ever seen. "Doesn't matter anyways" he turned around and yelled "YO i found some cute little guy here, wanna check out if he's any good? We could take him with us for some extra money!" Changkyun took a step backwards. "Please" he sobbed. The man stepped up to him, grabbed his arm roughly and pulled him towards the chair. "Here, look. His figure is great, I'm sure boss would like him"

The other man nodded approvingly. "Sure thing" He threw something at the his companion. Tape. "Tape him up, I don't want him running away" Changkyun's body shook violently, he was too scared to even resist, so he just let it happen. His only hope now was Jooheon. "Okay let's see. How old are ya?" The slightly smaller man that threw the tape asked Changkyun. Changkyun still didn't manage to say anything, it was as if his mouth was glued shut. "Oh come on. Answer me" the smaller man urgued. Changkyun opened his mouth to answer, but nothing but a whine came out. "Look at him" the smaller man grunted, looking at his partner. "Boss will really like him"