3

We run so fast we almost slip each time we round a corner.

My muscles are screaming, and my lungs are on fire, but the air outside has never tasted so sweet. I hold one hand in my pocket, clutching the flash drive to make sure it's safe, and I don't plan to stop running until I can't see the lab anymore.

We've barely exited the front doors before we run into two people.

Behind them, I see a car pulling up behind the fence. One is already parked next to the one I drove.

"Katia?" I hear Mikey say, his voice high and surprised.

Frank and Katia are in front of us, all geared up in bulletproof vests, helmets, and weapons. But none of that will protect them from a bomb.

"We have to go," I breathe frantically, unable to calm myself. "Mikey, run and warn the others before they come closer."

He pants and glances at Katia.

"Now, Mikey!" I yell and he sprints away like a scared puppy. In any other instance I'd feel bad, but this isn't the time for romance and reunions.

"What's happening?" Frank asks. His eyes are red and swollen as he glances at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes," I say and push him backward. My heart hammers so fast it's difficult to focus on anything else than my own pulse. "There's a..." I inhale. "A bomb."

"What?" Katia takes a step closer and leans in, as if she didn't hear me correctly. "Where's the bomb?"

I shake my head and shove them both, pointing to the cars. "We have to run."

Frank starts to do as told, but Katia hesitates for some reason. She mutters something to herself under her breath.

"Katia!" I pull at her arm, but instead of running, she wraps her hand around mine and holds me there.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you leave," she says. "Where is Regina?"