Sneak Peek(of Thick Skin and an Elastic Heart)

Ferah walked back to the office to resume the class with Güneş as Mr

Ferah walked back to the office to resume the class with Güneş as Mr.Çelebi told her to come after half an hour. As she approached the door, someone walked out of the room at full velocity; she could have collided with him.

Regardless, she stopped before; it was Iskender with his livid face, glancing at her. "Sorry," she said when her eyes met his.

His features changed to a look she knows very well and has been hunted by it, her whole life' Contempt.'

His sight scrutinized her as she apologized to him. He would not have noticed her if she didn't speak, 'Too small to be recognized!'.

The corner of his mouth lifted with a half-smirk. 'This is the muck that has been compared to him?! She is no more than a beggar with nun clothes!' Iskender snorted with loathing at her and walked away.

Ferah was startled by the look he gave her. Her eyes never left his back as he walked like an angry bull. How disturbingly, curiosity had changed to disdain in half an hour and on one meeting?! Why?

She couldn't be misthinking, but when your whole life has been subjected to it, you stop doubting yourself.

The door opening grasped her attention, and she turned to the tall figure standing at the door.

A smile appeared on Çelebi as he saw the punctual Teacher; he admired her sincerity and diligence for work.

"Miss Ferah, the class is all yours."

His smile was contagious; whenever he smiled at her, her face automatically lit up. A unique warmth showed in his face whenever she saw him beam to his daughter, and that was rare.

Ferah loved the father and daughter relationship, she never had experienced a father's love, but she was commended with his love for his daughter. "Thank you, sir," she smiled back at him.

"You know, Miss Ferah, I admire your dedication and devotion for your work and improving my little girl's condition. And I'm glad that I selected you. I never thanked you before, but I am now. Thank you, Miss Ferah" he nodded and walked away.

Ferah's smile got more expand, and her heart filled with gratitude.

Coming soon........