My Demeanor is Meaner than Yours-Part 2

As Ferah made her way towards the main door, her mind was preoccupied with thoughts of what Hülya Hanım would say if she found out about the visitor. She couldn't shake the feeling of distrust towards Sister Fatma; her dislike for Ferah was evident in the way she treated her, and she even cut off her relationship with Ferah's aunt.

As she stepped out into the garden, the cold wind hit her, and she shivered, realising she had forgotten her jacket in her haste. But she couldn't turn back now, so she continued walking towards the corner leading to the villa gate. However, a conversation caught her attention, causing her to halt in her tracks. She turned her head to confirm her suspicions of the voice's owner, and indeed, it was him—the yellow-eyed Devil.

Ferah stood at a distance, making sure Iskander didn't notice her, her ears catching fragments of his conversation as he spoke on the phone. "Yeah, we fought again like always," he said, irritation clear in his voice. "I know, I know," he shifted the phone to his other ear. "I can't come tonight, we have a dinner party. My mother wouldn't be pleased if I didn't attend," then a smile appeared on his lips. "I miss you too."

Ferah couldn't help but feel a surge of curiosity creeping in as she realized it was a woman on the other end of the line, wondering about her identity and the nature of their relationship. As the call pursued, the intimacy of their conversation lingered in the air.

The hushed tones of Iskander's voice carried a hint of warmth and familiarity, a stark contrast to the calculated demeanour he often displayed in her presence. Ferah found herself eavesdropping, unintentionally drawn into this secretive moment that offered a rare glimpse into Iskander's personal life.

As she strained to hear more, her mind raced, piecing together snippets of conversation and trying to decipher the unspoken emotions underlying his words. Was this woman a friend, a colleague, or something more? The air around her seemed charged with intrigue, fueling her growing curiosity about the enigmatic man she knew nothing about.

" I will spend the day with you tomorrow, "As she heard Iskander promise to spend the day with the woman, a mix of apprehension and a strange sense of voyeurism washed over Ferah. She was a silent witness to a side of Iskander he rarely revealed, and the mystery of his relationship with this unknown woman tugged at her thoughts. It left her wondering if he was capable of being kind and nice, but she pushed aside those thoughts for another time, remembering that someone was waiting for her outside.

 It left her wondering if he was capable of being kind and nice, but she pushed aside those thoughts for another time, remembering that someone was waiting for her outside

When Ferah reached the gate, she found Virda leaning against the stone wall, clad in a vibrant red coat. Her curly hair was gathered in a messy bun, with some strands falling down to frame her small face. Virda didn't need attention; she was the centre of it all.

"Hey, love! Can you believe they didn't let me in?" Virda exclaimed, flashing a big smile as she walked over to Ferah, enveloping her in a bear hug. "I told them that I'm your best friend, almost like a sister!" She pulled back, noticing Ferah's discomfort.