21 | Common People

"I am still so confused," Lucinda stated, as she sat in your living room; Chat Noir was next to you, fiddling with his fingers anxiously, while you had your face in your hands, utterly mortified.

"I don't either," you whispered defeatedly.

"Are you sure he's not your boyfriend?" Lucinda questioned, gesturing to the cat boy, and brushing a lock of blonde hair out of her eyes.

(Ok, wait, why were you friends with so many blonds?)

"He is not," you replied tiredly, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Well, hopefully one day," Chat Noir corrected, with a smirk, to which you let out an embarrassed gasp, and elbowed him angrily.

"I thought you were in love with Ladybug!" Lucinda spluttered, before humming curiously, "Not to be rude, but... you were always chasing after her like a lost dog."

"For your information, madam, I am a cat," Chat Noir retorted haughtily, and you basically fell over at his response, "and I am in love with Ladybug." (He didn't sound too sure though.) "(Y/n) is simply a friend of mine."

(Yeowch.)

"Yes, I'm sure," Lucinda responded, sipping her tea. "Despite the fact that you just implied that you'd like to be their partner."

Chat Noir turned to you, pointing at Lucinda with a raised eyebrow, "She has an attitude."

Lucinda let out a small laugh, and shook her head, "I've got an attitude because I think it's a bit strange how you're apparently dropping in to see one of my closest friends every few days. And also, I'm confused as to whether those cat ears are real or not."

"Wait, but what does that have to do with anything?" Chat Noir asked blankly.

"No, no, she's got a point," you remarked, squinting up at the top of his head.

"Not you too!" Chat Noir huffed, and pinned your hands to the couch, after you slyly reached up to try and touch his ears. He looked you dead in the eye, and gave you a very small smile. "No touching," he lilted playfully, running a finger down the bridge of your nose.

You glared straight back, though your shoulders were tense, and you were all too aware of how close he was right now; he smelled of... expensive cologne?! And you were sure that Adrien wore the exact same stuff! You were more than sure!

A cough interrupted your staring session, and you both glanced sideways, to see Lucinda, sitting there, the definition of the eyes and lips emojis. You choked awkwardly, and shuffled away, and Chat Noir laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck bashfully, while Lucinda just gazed at you both incredulously, clearly not really knowing what to say.

"Errr, anyway, uh, let's not bite off more than we can chew," you stammered, with a strained smile. "We are just friends, ok?"

Lucinda narrowed her brown eyes over the rim of her teacup as she analysed both of you, visibly not buying your claims. She then sighed melodramatically, and stood up, gesturing to Chat Noir, "Listen, I respect you and I do prefer you to Ladybug, but will you grant me a private audience with my friend?"