Chapter 17

Bonnie's POV:

I wake up and feel the bed around me, trying to find Marcus, that's when I hear the sinister laugh. One I recognise instantly, I shoot up hitting my back against the head board. "It's been awhile my sweet." His voice sent chills down my spine. Without realising I let tears fall, a scream soon follows and the man disappears into a black figure until he is no longer there. Da and Marcus come running in whilst I hide under my comfort blanket. Was he real? Was he really here or was I dreaming? I couldn't tell the difference between reality and a nightmare right now, probably because I was panicking too much. "He was here...In my r-room..." I manage to whimper out from under the covers. "Who was here piccolo?" Marcus ask softly whilst rubbing large circles onto my back, "T-the bad m-man.." I cry out, my voice trembled and I was heaving. Breathing has never been so difficult before. Da leaves the room and a bunch of others come running in.

Most of the night was a blur after that, I remember talking a bit and taking a couple naps only to be woken up from them by the same images. By morning I am exhausted and laying  on Jazzy's chest.
I slept eve less than I usually would because of... whatever that was. Jazzy gently runs his hands through my hair whilst the kings and da talk, "you feeling better bubs?" I huff, not really feeling like talking. Jazzy nods, we have this one way conversation where he'd ask questions I'd either either nod, shake my head, huff or sigh to answer. It didn't take long for Alice and Rose to notice I went non-verbal. "She not talking?" Jazzy shakes his head and Rose crouches down beside me whilst Alice sits on the couch by Jazzy's feet. "The bad man isn't here you don't have to be scared right now. You've got some very powerful vampires guarding you, not even the devil himself could harm you." She says trying to comfort me, in a way it does but I still shove my face back into Jazzy's chest and huff.

I felt bad because they were there for me but I'm too much of a baby to get over it and keep causing problems for them. "Don't ever think like that!" Eddy shouts, I yell and clutch onto a fistful of Jazzy's shirt. "You are not causing any problems for any of us! We love being around you and looking after you, we don't think you're annoying or that you're some big baby who can't take care of herself. We love you for you. I'll say this as many times as it takes to get through that thick little skull of yours, you have never once caused us any problems." His tone softens near the end and he gently pats my head before walking away. "I'm going to go hunt, I need to clear my head for a bit." Jazzy sits up and Alice joins the two of them. "Sorry bubs we all need to hunt, it's been awhile." I nod and climb off jazzy onto the couch. It felt kinda lonely not being with anyone so I do what any reasonable, tired, cry baby would do. Make grabby hands towards Rose in hopes she picks me up. Mission successfully failed. So she picked me up but I got placed on Emmy, not that I mind. The three of us sat on the couch watching Gravity falls until the clock hits 6:30 and mom steals me away from my show. I whine and try to wriggle away but it doesn't work, I'm carried to the bathroom.

She tries to place me on the edge of the empty bath but I cling to her torso like my life depended on it. I mean, it felt that way to me anyways. "Don't wanna go in?" Mom asks me in a soft baby-ish voice, I shake my head and wrap my arms around her neck tighter. "You have to bathe sweetie, other wise you'll be stinky." I gasp at her, me? Stinky? Never! I let go of her neck and stare at my nemesis, the bathtub. Mom fills it with a little bit of water and I soon feel my confidence shrunk away. The tap stops and I stare at the two inches of warm water before me, without missing a beat I run for the door and try to escape. Sadly the door was locked. "I've got an idea, hold on." Mom leaves me in the bathroom, sat on the floor nearly in tears, before she comes back in with shorts on and a vest top. It's very unlike her to wear clothes like that but I soon understand why she's wearing it when she lowers me into the bath and sits on the edge with her feet in the water with me. "See? All safe." I nod slowly and wash my body awkwardly, as per usual I'm helped with washing my hair. It's not that I hate washing my hair it's the fact that water goes over my head that scares me. The feeling of drowning...

I shake my head, splattering water everywhere. Mom giggles and lets out a small squeal. I look up to see her shirt with water spots all over them and I start laughing like crazy, "you think this is funny huh?" She asks with her hands on her hips, I nod and she playfully rolls her eyes. "Well, let's both get changed." I climb out of the bath and wrap myself in my large towel with mom following behind me. She unplugged the tub, letting all the water flow out. "Teeth." She points to my toothbrush, I huff but comply and put my toothpaste on my toothbrush. Mom made sure I brushed for a proper two minutes because she knows I don't like the minty taste. We exit the bathroom and head into my dark room, Mom flicks on the light and we start looking through clothes. Now I'm not one for pinks or pastels but this, this cute satanic pink shirt was adorable, and I was in that kinda headspace to wear it. So I put on the shirt with some black leggings and some plain black trainers. Mom passed me my backpack and nibbles then we headed downstairs.

I'm met with the red eyes of the kings and the golden eyes of the Cullen's. Da and the kings were still at the table but they seemed less tense than before. Mom headed into the kitchen and I joined her, we started making a simple lunch. I didn't know how much of it I was going to eat but mom made sure to put all my favourites! About halfway through Aro called me over. I waddled over to them and be outstretched his hand for me to take, "would it be alright if I saw what you saw? I can tell if it was real or not." He winks as an extra reassurance, I nod and give him my hand. His eyes gloss over and he zoned out like I usually do, a minute later he rejoins us and sighs. He gives my hand to Marcus who then gently pulls me closer, the closer I got the more his scent filled my nose. He smelt really good, I climbed onto his lap and rested my head on his shoulder. Every now and then inhaled his scent and closed my eyes, each time I nearly drifted off. "Piccolo, you can't fall asleep you have school today." I groan and huff, he chuckles and gently rubs my back. "Don't be like that. It's only a half day, then we'll be looking for prom clothes and then tomorrow is prom. From what I hear you'll be going shopping with Alice then there will be a party here after prom." I nod and get comfortable again.

"Damn she must really like your scent." Emmy comments when he walks into the room and sees me. I tilt my head, "you keep sniffing him?" I could feel myself go a little bit red. The kings let out lively chuckles, "well at least she's accepting you brother!" Caius laughs. That's an odd sentence, Caius and laughing. Eww. Eddy chuckles suddenly, probably listening in on my mind chat show. "What do I smell like piccolo?" Marcus asks, I take a moment to think then grab nibbles from the table and point at him. "Nibbles?" He asks confused, I nod. "She finds your scent as comforting as she does nibbles. The smell of home." Eddy says, I nod and hug nibbles. "Like home huh?" Marcus mumbles to himself. I point at myself and tilt my head, "are you asking what you smell like?" He asks, I nod and stare at him intently. He sits back a bit on his chair and thinks. "You smell sweet, it's hard to explain. Something like a sweet tea that you'd enjoy reading a good book?" I nod at his explanation and grin. The imagery of him reading a book in a big library with tea in his hand made me smile.

(The shirt)

(The shirt)

Word count: 1549