Chapter 34

Bonnie's POV:

The next day as soon as the jewellers opened Marky rushed into the shop with me beside him. We left an hour later with our matching rings and I was on cloud nine. Our own rings! Marky intertwined our fingers and kisses the back of my hand, "you know you look beautiful when you smile like that?" He smirks. Oh nice try! I put on a straight face and look at my mate, "so I don't look beautiful otherwise?" Forget anything I've ever said about his shocked or confused face, this was brilliant. "I'm joking darling.." I mumble, Marky snaps out of whatever daze he was in and not so subtly licks his lips in what I think was an attempt to be seductive. He gives me those wiggly brows as if I don't know what he's thinking and I sigh. "But you have work!" I whine as he picks me up, "oh hush. I think we earned some alone time" He scoffs waking back through the castle doors and straight to our room- or well I guess it's our nest now.

As soon as we return Marky tosses me onto the still broken bed- which will soon be replaced- and began nibbling my neck and kissing up and down my collar bone. Clothes start to come off and things get pretty heated when-

*SLAM*

The door bursts open and I hide under the sheets with speed not even god could rival. I heard a feminine voice yell, "BONNIE" Of course it was Charolette. I speed change under the covers and walk over to my friend/guard. "What's up?"

-An hour later of them both spilling the tea-

"Why's they want us all in the courtroom?" I shrug, "Must be important if they're calling everyone." She hums and we walks the rest of the way in a comfortable silence. Jane and Alec were by the doors and opened them for us then walked in after. Like normal the queens were beside their husbands/mates throwns and I joined them by standing beside Marky.

Aro stands up and all the quiet murmurs die down quickly, "Now I know you're all likely to be wondering why you've been summoned here. As you all know the Romanian coven are building an army and are going to try and take over again, therefore we are to depart at dusk and be there by morning to attack. It's likely they aren't expecting us and their army won't be prepared. We will attack and everyone will be coming home. Get ready my children- we're going to war." Every single Volturi member nods and dissipates to prepare for a fight. Only the elite guards and Charlotte remained beside their rulers. "Children, I'll need all of you to make sure you are all ready for this battle." They all nod and leave, only the three kings and two other queens remained.

I sigh and flop down onto Marky's lap, "What's wrong piccolo?" I grumble for a moment before answering. "I don't really know how to fight and I don't want to be useless." He hums and nods, "First off, you're not useless. Secondly, maybe we could go to the training grounds and you could learn some basic things to fight or protect yourself if need be." I nod with a small smile.

-Four hours of being trained by the elite guards later-

"I regret all my life decisions that led me to this very moment..." I groaned as I fell backwards onto the ground, the elite guards and the Volturi royalty laugh. "It can't be that bad" Caius scoffs, I simply glare at him and roll onto my stomach. "Come on Piccolo, everyone else needs to use the training ground as well." Marky chuckles as he walks closer. I stretch my arms forward in a sad excuse of making grabby hands, Marky got the idea though because in the next couple seconds I was being picked up into Marky's arms. I huff and rest my head on his shoulder.

"A few hours then we leave. After the fight we can have a nice little vacation, just the two of us." I practically purr at the thought and nuzzle my head and nose into his shoulder and neck. We were interrupted earlier and I can still feel his hands exploring my body- it's a shame that we're having to go to war because some people don't like to play by the rules.

The next few hours honestly felt like a blur, between learning one or two techniques more to use in defence and offence was harder than I thought, then I had to change into 'formal wear' which was literally black skinny jeans and a black shirt then the Volturi robe over it. We obviously have to look intimidating! Then when dusk fell every vampire in the entire castle gathered in the court room for a quick briefing then we set off.

We crossed lots of boarders and sea or oceans on the way, I didn't like how my clothes stuck to my skin but I was quite happy with the fact that I couldn't feel the cold. When we arrived Marky took my hand in his and kissed my knuckles, "Let us be quick so we can have that holiday." I smile and hum. At least one good thing will be coming out of this stupid battle- some time off with my mate.

A/n: okay this chapter is short Ik but it's cause I'm evil and wanted to leave you on a cliffhanger. None of you will expect what I'm about to add to this story! Hehe hope you enjoyed reading

2 hours later- I deadass forgot to add the images of the rings. Sorry lol

 Sorry lol

(Vote which you prefer maybe?)

Word count: 968