Chapter 48

(I don't think I ever described them but this is how I envisioned them)

No one's POV:

As time passed Renesme got used to the Volturi and found herself in a much larger and welcoming family, but she also found that she missed her mother. After some searching and lots of arrangements Bella and Renesme have a one hour call every two weeks. That wasn't all that happened when they returned though. Not even a week after returning to Italy the kings and queens announced that there would be a coronation and that there would be a new queen joining them, formally.

Lots of planning went into this, after all its not often you get to witness a vampire coronation. It's been over a few millennia since the last queen was coronated and the entire vampire community has been buzzing since Bonnie and Marcus' wedding. Many older vampires are simply happy to see him happy again and to have a new, caring queen whilst other older vampires have mentioned their dislike having such a young queen. Those old vampires quickly disappeared though and Bonnie was none the wiser.

The coronation day came much quicker than Bonnie expected, on the morning Bonnie was pacing around in the nest with her kids sat on the bed trying not to laugh at their mother. Now the both of them look over 16 and sure are acting like it. "What if I embarrass myself in front of all of those covens?! There was only a few covens and the family at my wedding but there's going to be over 20 different covens here today!" Bonnie said as she continued to pace back and forth in front of her kids. "! -a! Ma!" Bonnie snapped out of it when she heard Kris' voice, "yes hun?" He rolls his eyes playfully at how quickly she went from panicked to caring mother. "You'll be fine and if anyone insults you, laughs a you or even looks at you wrong... I'll kill them!" He says with a bright smile that did not match the words he just said.

"No killing unless absolutely necessary." A deep voice says suddenly making Bonnie yelp and leap towards her kids, or well, as best as you can in a coronation gown. "Marcus Volturi! Don't scare me like that!" Bonnie said holding a hand over her unbeating heart. Marcus simply smiled and apologised. "We are ready for you now." Bonnie nods and says goodbye to her kids, knowing she'll see them during the coronation and at the after party. "Okay...let's do this."

Bonnie and Marcus walked hand in hand down many halls until they got to the hallway before the coronation room. As the doors open many heads turn but Bonnie simply takes in the room rather than looking at the vampires. The room had a slight blue lighting to it, when she looked closer she saw blue flames with metal caging around it. A bit odd considering that fire is a vampires weakness but Bonnie supposed that's why there was caging around it. The decorations looked almost purple in the lighting but she knew they were almost a blood red. When Bonnie refocused again and saw all the red eyes on her she began noticing the furniture, it was a dark almost black oak and at the very front, fit in front of her were six thrones.

As she approached the vampires began to clap and cheer for her, many were happy to have a new queen. Aro rises and as soon as he raises a hand all vampires in the room go silent. Marcus kisses his mate's hand then goes to sit on his allotted throne. Bonnie looked at the bare throne that was between Marcus and Caius. (The throne arrangement is queen, king, queen, king, queen, king.)

"Bonnie Volturi." Aro says snapping her out of the daze she was in, "Do you promise to uphold and follow the laws of the Vampire world and enforce them without bias?" Bonnie kneels down and places a hand on her heart. "I promise." "Do you swear to protect the innocent and punish the guilty?" "Yes. I promise." Aro hums, "Do you promise the be a fair ruler for as long as you reign beside us, to not become greedy and to not become a tyrant who will endanger the entire vampire species." "I promise to be a fair ruler who won't endanger my subjects." Aro holds out his hand and Bonnie takes it, he gently brings her to her feet with a small smile. "And finally, do you promise to make this place your home and this coven your family?" Bonnie smiles softly, "This coven is already home and the vampires within are already family."

"Good answer my dear." Aro says quietly so only Bonnie could hear him. As he turns to speak again but the guards start hitting their fists against their chests whilst cheering, it was like some welcoming ritual because the rest of the covens soon joined in. Aro sighed fondly before leading Bonnie to sit on the empty throne then sat down himself. All six rulers looked at one another with small smiles on their faces then all at once look out to the other covens. "I hope you enjoy your evening everyone! The first dance will begin within half an hour."

Bonnie's POV:

I saw little- well not so little Anne and Kris walk over with Maria not far behind them. I thought they would walk up to us like usual but they all knelt down at the base of the stairs that were right before the thrones. Aro holds up a hand and they stand up then walk over, "w-why did you kneel?" I ask slightly confused. "If you wish to speak with royalty you have to ask permission first, the only people who are allowed close to use without bowing is the special guard. Yes, even our children must but only for public appearances until they are crowned as royalty." I hum and nod. "When will that be?" Caius grins, "when they turn 18" I had to cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing, "well, we have all the time in the world to wait." A hand brushes against mine, I look over to Marky who gently lifts my hand and places it against his cheek before kissing it. "That we do my dear. Now why don't we have our first dance together."

He stands up and bows slightly with his arm outstretched for me to take.I smile and take his hand; right beside us were the other kings and queens as we made our way to the open floor. The first song comes on and I recognise it, it was one of my favourites! Love story by Indila! As we began to dance all eyes were on us again but the world seemingly disappeared around us as we swayed from side to side or when we spun. Right now it was only the two of us enjoying a song, dancing in a circle. Marcus looked at me softly and his hand around my waist tightened slightly, "Your beauty is blinding tonight, I hope you know that; and that this will forever be one of the best nights of my life mi amor. Since the moment I set my eyes on you I knew my life would change forever and I'm glad it did. I know have a loving wife and two lovely kids... who seem to have forgotten what privacy is..." Marky mumbles the last part but I hear it and laugh as quietly as possible. "The point is- I love you with my entire being and I can't see my life without you anymore."

The song ends, Marky bows whilst I curtsy, then we walk back to the thrones. "I'm glad I looked at that old painting of you that day, I'm beyond grateful we met, and I would rather die than not have you in my life. I love you with my entire being Marcus Volturi." He grins and leans in to kiss me.

"GROSS! Get a room!" Kris yells as he covers both his and his sisters eyes. "Well that ruined the moment." Marky grumbles as he sits back onto the throne. I couldn't help but laugh loudly at everything that just happened. Did my son just embarrass the king if the Volturi during my coronation and in front of over 20 other covens? Yes, yes he did.

(Bonnie's dress)

(Bonnie's dress)

A/n: So quick update on my life you didn't need, I'm about halfway through my GCSEs and I just had my first nosebleed today, so that was interesting. Anywho! This is technically the final chapter of the story but there will be one more chapter released before this series is finished. I hope you continue to read and I hope you've enjoyed my story so far. See you in the grand finale!

Word count: 1496