chapter seven

"-m so tired," Delphine yawned, as the last class of the day came to an end. Midterms were around the season, which meant they were put under the peer pressure of Genevieve to study. They were making sure that the girl got some sleep herself, even when she knew all of the information, she would still study as if it were new information.

"Is she asleep?" Paris glanced at Genevieve who was using her jacket as a blanket, her face pressed against the cool desk.

"I think she got an hour?" Hestia said, relieved that all the testing was over.

"Oh, Vieve," Louise tickled her nose with a feather pen, which caused her to sneeze.

"The bell's about to ring," Rory turned around, "You're coming with me right?"

The day before, Genevieve and Rory got into a deep conversation about books, and the latter brought up how there was a great bookstore in Stars Hollow. Genevieve, being the fanatic she was, offered to give Rory a ride home in exchange for the two of them going to the bookstore together.

"Yep, just meet me at my car," She said. Their teacher dismissed them within seconds of the final bell, and Genevieve made her way to her locker, only to find that Tristan was already there.

"So I was thinking that we could hang out today?" He said, holding her bag for her as she emptied the contents of her locker into it. Like clockwork, he always met her at her locker.

"Mmm no," She said, "Busy,"

"Genevieveeeee," He pouted, she smiled at him and flicked his pout, "I haven't seen you in a weeks!"

She furrowed her eyebrows and took her bag from him, "You see me every day,"

"At school!" He waved his hands around, gesturing to the classrooms and lockers. He whined, "Do you have something better to do?"

"What the fuck are you doing?" She laughed, and he rolled his eyes, "I'm hanging out with Rory,"

"At your house?"

"Stars Hollow!"

Tristan blocked the door from her path, "But that Dean guy lives in Stars Hollow,"

"Yes. Rory's boyfriend lives in the same town as her, how detrimental,"

"Do you see how he oogles you?" Tristan said, she rolled her eyes and pushed him out of the way, walking to the parking lot.

"He doesn't oogle me,"

"That's because you're oblivious as shit!" He threw his hands in the air.

She stopped mid-walk and turned around, holding her arm out to keep him a distance away from her, "Stay,"

"I'm not a dog," He said, but he still stayed.

"Even if he did, what's it to you?" She said, silently greeting Rory who was leaning against her car.

"What's he on about?"

"I don't know at this point,"

. . .

"Your total is $397 even," The cashier smiled at both Rory and Genevieve, they came the day the new shipment came in town, which meant they had first dibs on everything. Genevieve reached into her bag and pulled her card out before Rory could register the price.

"Some of my books are in there too..." She said.

"Yeah, do you want them in separate bags? I thought we were going to your house after so I figured we could divide them th-,"