chapter sixteen

Genevieve didn't know when, or what exactly caused her life to be so eventful, she felt like the main character in a book. Though, the books never focused on the little things, like the main characters going to the bathroom, or even doing school- which was what she was doing. Mounds and mounds of homework during her lunch period. She found that the library was the place to be.

"Genevieve,"

...Or not.

Genevieve looked up to see Tristan, breathless and red in the face, breathing hard.

"There you are, it took me forever to find you,"

"Maybe because I didn't want to be found," She shut her textbook, and turned her full attention to him, "What's up?"

"So I'm failing-"

"Tristan!"

"Kidding." Tristan said, "Not failing, but I do need help with-,"

"Genevieve," Rory appeared from around the corner, a distraught look on her face, she paused when she saw Tristan and sent her a begging look.

"Bye Tristan," She said, "I'll talk to you later- I promise," She held her pinkie up, and he reluctantly interlocked them. Genevieve never broke pinkie promises in her sixteen years of living. Especially not one to Tristan.

"What's up Gilmore?"

"Genevieve, do you think I'm a loner?"

"You got grilled by the guidance counselor?"

Rory frowned, "Yeah,"

Genevieve looked around to make sure there was no staff in the library before motioning for Rory to come closer, "They're all talk, at the end of the day, you're smart, and they're going to write that recommendation, and they're gonna dot every "i" and cross every "t" if they think it'll make them money."

"That doesn't solve the fact that I'm a "loner" I mean, am I really that lonely at school? I mean I hang out with you sometimes."

"But they don't see that," Genevieve said, as the bell rang, signaling the end of the period, "Maybe just find a group of people- my friends included, to be with so they don't think you're a brewing serial killer with antisocial tendencies."

"Got it," Rory said to herself, bidding her goodbye, "Find a group of people,"

. . .

"Why is Rory sitting with Satan's spawns?"

Much to Genevieve's surprise, she found Rory sitting with a group of people whose personality types couldn't clash with hers more. Francie Jarvis was the object of Genevieve's despisement and had been since the school year started. Though she admired the fact that Francie thought she had a chance of becoming class president and vice president. The two roles had Genevieve and Paris written all over them.

"No library today?" Hestia asked.

"No, they're closed for entrance testing." She replied, biting the tip of her pen, "How long has this been happening?"

"Rory and the Puffs?" Hestia said, "Few days now- oh bother. There Paris goes."

"Paris?" Genevieve turned back around, "They've been ignoring her since the first day of school."

Lunch came to a quick end with the bell, and once again Genevieve found herself in peaceful silence, at the back of the classroom. She sat and wondered about numerous amounts of things, ranging from the history of the Greek language to her chemistry teacher who was most likely cheating on his wife, to Tristan, and their scheduled study not-date for the afternoon.