Tale 17

Tale 17
Mommy’s Friends!

“So this is the town of Hidden Falls.” Savannah commented as she look around

“Let’s go find an inn before it turns dark.” Indigo said seriously

It took them almost an entire month on horseback to reach this small town.

To Indigo’s surprise, Savannah doesn’t seem too bothered sleeping outdoors through their arduous journey.

To be honest, Savannah used to go hiking and camping with her highschool friends in her previous life as Juliana. That’s why she enjoyed the entire journey.

The two of them checked in on a small inn. They heard that the town was recently attacked and the town is still on the midst of celebrating the heroism of the Lady Boss.

When they asked who this Lady Boss is, they were only told that she’s the pretty owner of the most popular cafe in town, Tomes, Tea and Coffee Cafe.

Savannah is very interested, especially after hearing that the owner of the inn’s favourite drink is the Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie. It sounds strange for Indigo, but it sounds very Earth-like to Savannah.

They will visit this cafe tomorrow.

***

Clang

The bell by the door rang.

“Welcome!” Madeline and Alondra greeted in unison

The cafe have a new door because a bandit destroyed the old one during the attack.

But the bell is still the same as before.

So every time a customer would enter the cafe, they would still hear the familiar sound of the bell.

“Can I have the usual?” Drustan ordered upon reaching the counter

“Cappuccino and a slice of Cream Custard Apple Pie? Anything else you would like to add?” Primrose

Drustan shook his head with a smile before handing his payment. He sat down on a vacant table close to the window.

Alondra place a slice of the cream apple pie on a plate on Drustan’s table while Primrose prepare the cappuccino. Shortly after, Primrose handed a tray with the plate and a cup of cappuccino to Drustan, “Enjoy.”

“Thanks.” Drustan

Primrose nod in acknowledgment before returning to the counter.

Drustan saw that the twins were seated at the table next to him. The two seems to be busy coloring some books while Nikola is having icecream and Niclaud is drinking hot chocolate.

“Mommy was so cool when she defeated those baddies!” Nikola said as he colored his coloring book.

“Daddy was also t-there.” Niclaud

“Did you see Daddy’s fireballs? And the flame dragon? It was super cool too!” Nikola

“I d-did! Daddy looks cool.” Niclaud