Special Chapter I

Special Chapter I

Wind and Earth

This happened a few days after Dillan arrived in town.

Drustan went to Primrose’s cafe to have his favorite cappuccino and cream custard apple pie to cheer his self up.

Drustan is in a dilemma. Dillan Calypso is in town. He is Drustan’s worst nightmare. But what can he do? He can’t kick him out of town even if he want to huhu.

“Why do you look so down, Teacher?” Nikola asked curiously

“Ahm, are y-you sick, Teacher?” Niclaud asked worriedly

Drustan can’t ignore the twins, but he’s aware that he’ll just end up crying if he talk to these kids.

“Are you really sick, Teacher? Is it because of the side effect of your magic?” Nikola asked curiously

Just a few days ago, the three of them talk about the side effects of magic to the mage body.

Water magic makes the body cold, and Fire magic makes the body hot. The stronger the magic, the more dangerous it is for the mage. Most of them end up together because water and fire mages can help regulate each other’s temperature.

While Wind Magic makes the body of the mage too light and Earth Magic makes the body too heavy. And the stronger the magic, the more dangerous it is for the mage.

Between a Wind mage and an Earth mage, the Earth mage have it worse because their body would feel very heavy and those with immense powers will feel as if a mountain is weighing them down. That’s the reason why Earth Mages chases after Wind Mages all the time. Wind Magic can make anything light, so most of the time Earth Mages and Wind mages marry each other.

“M-maybe Teacher is not sick..?” Niclaud asked

“He look sick though.” Nikola

How can Drustan just ignore these kids when they’re worrying about him like this?

“Don’t worry kids, Im not sick.”

“A-are you sure, Teacher?” Niclaud asked

“You really look sick, is it because you’re still single, Teacher?” Nikola asked

“What does being single have to do with sickness?” Drustan asked

“Lovesick!” the twins said in unison

“......” – Drustan

“Teacher I heard that the eldest daughter of our neighbour have earth magic, maybe she will take pity on you and accept you.” Nikola suggested