Chapter 16 Home Alone

No one's POV

Currently, Adrain, Dipper, Sif and Waddles were in the living room, Adrain laying sideways on the chair asleep, Dipper sitting on the floor eating chips, Sif eating a piece of meat, and Waddles eating a bowl of cereal, as Stan walked in holding a pan.

Stan: Who wants Stan-cakes? They're like pancakes, but they probably have some of my hair in 'em.

Dipper: Pass.

Suddenly, Mabel ran into the ran excited, holding a news paper.

Mabel: Aaah! Oh, it's here! It's here, it's here! I've been waiting all morning and it's finally here! The Gravity Falls Gossiper accepted my article about summer fashion tips for squirrels. My picture is gonna be in the newspaper! Check it!

Stan: Pacifica Northwest declares v-neck the look of the season!" What am I looking at here?

Mabel: Woah, woah, WHAT?!

Everyone saw saw by newspaper reads "GREATEST THING OF THE SUMMER!", and shows a portrait of Pacifica Northwest, with the caption "PACIFICA NORTHWEST."

Dipper: Looks like someone bought their way to the front page.

Stan: Is it legal for a child to wear that much make-up?

Mabel: Ugh, Pacifica! She always ruins everything!

Dipper: Aw, cheer up Mabel! I mean, no one even reads newspapers anymore.

Suddenly, Soos walked in with a pair of scissors.

Soos: Dudes! V-neck season is upon us! Who wants to help me get ahead of the fashion curve? I'm taking it one step further. (Holds up a pair of scissors and a marker) With a w-neck. (Draws a construction line for a "w" and cuts along the lines) Must... follow... newspaper...

Mabel: (Glumly runs over to the nearby table and furiously pours herself a glass of orange juice, which she gulps down) Aack! I need something to get my mind off this.
Cut to television.

Commercial: Looking for a distraction from your horrible life?

Mabel: Why yes!

Commercial: Victory, honor, destiny, mutton! These old-timey sounding words are alive and well at the Gravity Falls Royal Discount Putt Hutt! *No mutton available at the snack shop*

Dipper: Hey, Mabel! You love mini-golf! (Pulls out a scrapbook with a picture of Mabel winning a trophy at a minor league gold competition with the caption "AGE 9") She's been amazing at it since we were kids! What do you say, Mabel? We've had a stressful couple of days. How 'bout we take a break, huh?

Stan: Would kicking all our butts at mini-golf cheer you up?

Mabel: Maybe a little.

Dipper: Come on, Mabel! Victory!

Dipper looked over at Adrain and started nudging him awake.

Dipper: Hey, Adrain, wake up!

Adrain started stirring awake and looked around confused.

Adrain: W-Wha...? What is it...?

Dipper: Come on, we're going out to play mini golf and take a break.

Adrain: ...-_-...Yeah, you lost me at "going out".... I'm staying here...

Dipper: Come on, Adrain, you're just gonna sit her and-

Dipper looked and saw Adrain had already fallen back asleep.

Dipper: How does he fall asleep so fast...?