p r o l o g u e

Once upon a time in a small kingdom by the name of Doncaster, there lived a prince.

This prince lived happily with his parents and sisters in their castle until one day, shortly before the prince's 20th birthday, the king fell gravely ill.

He died 2 months later, days after the birth of twins, Ernest and Doris. 

With the king dead and Queen Johannah ineligible to rule alone, Prince Louis will now be forced to take the throne on his 21st birthday. 

However, according to an old law of England, he cannot do so without being wed.

Amidst the grief and sorrow, suddenly the search for a suitable match for Louis Tomlinson had begun.

News of the bachelor prince's hunt stretched far and wide across the lands, reaching many towns, cities and kingdoms alike. 

Even with all the hustle and talk regarding the prince, the family was still unsuccessful in finding Louis an acceptable fiancé. 

The boy was picky, refusing to settle and Queen Johannah was becoming desperate. 

Hundreds of suitors and maidens had visited the castle and not one had taken Prince Louis' fancy. 

The family's advisor, Paul, suggested they host a party, inviting every eligible person to the castle in hopes of finding a match.

With no other options and limited time before the impending coronation, Johannah agreed and immediately formal letters of invitation were sent to every home in the kingdom. 

And then in the kingdom over,

And the kingdom next to that,

And the next kingdom,

And the next one,

And every kingdom in all of Britain.

Away from all of this chaos in a very small town known as Cheshire, not far from Doncaster, there lived a boy with curly brown hair and bright green eyes.

This boy, Harry, was common in that he lived in a nice house in the town with his mother and father.

But uncommon in that his heart was filled with only love to give. 

It is easy to think that for a boy with so much kindness the world would in turn be just as kind and loving to him, that however is not so true. 

He was barely nine when his father died and his mother, struggling to keep them afloat financially, remarried quickly to a wealthy man by the name of Lord Simon Cowell. 

They moved into the Cowell family's large home on the outskirts of Doncaster and Harry lived happily there with his mother, stepfather and stepsisters for a while.

But that was before the boy's grandmother fell ill and his mother had to go back to Cheshire to care for her.

A previously cold but overall nice man quickly became harsh and cruel to Harry when his mother was not around. 

He was forced to clean their large house over and over until it was done to their satisfaction.

Cooking meals and mending clothes also quickly became a part of the 14 year old boy's daily routine. 

He was locked in the cellar below the house, sometimes for hours at a time and was ridiculed by the stepsisters that had previously been good friends.

Even with the hopelessness of the situation, Harry remained true and good to all that he met and knew. 

It wasn't until news of the virus that had been terrorising Cheshire for many months spreading to and killing his mother that Harry's good spirit was tainted. 

Devastated and consumed with his grief Harry would continue to live his hell of a life with Lord Simon and his daughters.

As Harry turned 18 it seemed that nothing would ever be as it was with his mother and father.

But that was before a letter from the Kingdom of Doncaster slipped through the Cowell House's mail slot.