f i v e

He was a boy in a dress and Louis thought he was probably the most precious thing he had ever seen. He had curly brown hair, god it looked soft, and bright green eyes that looked around the room with so much wonder, he could feel his heart fluttering already, he just had to know him.

Louis quickly excused himself and began to make his way through the crowds.

This proved rather difficult however when everyone in this party wanted to talk to him.

"Good evening Prince Louis, lovely to finally make your acquaintance." 

He was almost immediately stopped by a man in a suit who looked like he had a touch too much Botox and teeth whitening. But Louis knew his manners.

"Thank you for joining us tonight, sir." He smiled back nicely, he was thinking of a way to slip past when the man spoke up again.

"My name is Lord Simon Cowell and these fine young ladies are my daughters, Eleanor and Kendall." He pushed the girls forward and they both held out their hands to him, smiling brightly.

"Right. Lovely to meet you all, and um... hope you enjoy the party." He once again smiled politely, shaking each of their hands and sliding back into step with the crowds.

He decided it might be best to stick to the perimeters.

Louis looked everywhere across the ballroom until finally his eyes fell on the gorgeous boy in the dress once again.

He grinned a little to himself and made sure to dodge anyone who looked like they might want to approach him as he made his way across the room.

Just as he was close enough to touch the, rather oblivious, boy, he tripped. 

He would have fallen flat on his face if it wasn't for a pair of strong arms catching him at the last second.

"Oops!" The boy said, quite startled from the man falling onto him. Louis was about to begin apologising profusely when he looked up and stared right into a pair of bright green eyes.

"Hi." He spoke breathlessly, suddenly at a loss for words, all of the compliments that were on the tip of his tongue a moment ago had fallen back down his throat.

"Um... hello." Green eyes murmured shyly as Louis snapped out of his trance and began to right himself. 

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance." Louis smiled, carefully lifting Harry's hand to his lips and planting a kiss between two of his knuckles.

The boy gasped at the action and Louis could see him blush, he couldn't help but grin at that.

———

From across the ballroom, Queen Johannah stood overlooking the guests, keeping a watchful eye out for anyone who Louis might like. 

Her eyes grazed over Félicité standing with a few other girls about her age enjoying a fruity drink from tiny cups, Lottie dancing with a boy slightly older then her (might need to have a word about that later...) when finally she spotted Louis kiss the hand of a rather good looking boy in a dress. Yes! 

She hurried over to the maestro and requested a waltz. This would surely make everyone, including Louis, pair up.

Just as she suspected, when the first chords began to play and the guests found partners, Louis whispered something into the boy's ear and lead him to the middle of the dance floor.

Satisfied with her work Jay sat down with a sigh.

———

Harry twirled and stepped and danced to the rhythm with possibly the most gorgeous man he had ever met. 

He is charming, whispering compliments and flirtatious comments in his ear as they waltz and Harry is mesmerised by it all.

It had already been a beautiful night but now, with this mysterious stranger, he felt that it might be the best of his life. When their third dance together came to an end Harry was buzzing and the man held his hand tight as he lead him away from the party.

They strolled through the castle's gardens together, exchanging a few words but mostly just enjoying each other's company.

It was so awfully romantic but then Harry looked up to see a large clock tower, looming ominously. He checked the time to find that it was 11:55pm! He had only 5 minutes to return home!

Harry stood rather abruptly.

"Is something wrong?" The man with the pretty blue eyes asked, he seemed rather concerned.

"I'm sorry I really have to be going." Harry said frantically, moving to leave but the man caught his hand.

"No, wait! Please, stay a little. The party doesn't end for another hour." He pleaded.

"I know but I really do have to go... I um... I haven't even met the prince!" Harry quickly stumbled out an apology as he shook his hand free, it hurt to leave like this but he really didn't have a choice.

"Wait but don't you know that I'm-" Louis didn't get to finish his sentence as Harry was already running away back to the castle. 

Louis began to pursue him but when Harry got inside he was quickly lost in the crowd.

Louis was growing more panicked now as he pushed his way through hoards of people dancing and chatting, catching glimpses of a boy he had so quickly fallen for every few seconds. 

When he finally made it out of the ballroom Harry was running down the grand staircase.

"Wait! Please! Please wait!" He cried out from the top, beginning to sprint after him once again.

Harry fleetingly looked back at him which proved to be a mistake as he tripped, rather ungracefully, causing one of his glass Chelsea boots to fall off.

Harry continued his mad dash outside, not bothering to waste time with a shoe that would surely vanish with the rest of his magical entourage within a few minutes. 

Louis however picked up the shoe as he continued to chase his beloved to the door.

Just when he thought he might catch up, Louis saw Harry hop into a car and drive off at an incredibly fast pace.

"Guards! Someone stop that Lamborghini!" Louis shouted. 

———

Hello! Sorry this update took so long, I know not many people are actually reading this but I mean, at this point I'm doing this for myself because I NEED a Larry Cinderella AU in my life. But if there is anyone other than myself reading, I hope you enjoyed! Love you! ❤️❤️