t w o

Harry sighed and picked his broom up off of the floor. 

He looked around at the completely trashed room, guess he'll have to clean this up when he gets back from the market.

———

"You just don't get it." Louis let go of the branch he was swinging on and hit the ground next to where his body guard stood, leaning against the tree.

"What don't I get?" Niall asked.

"All this marriage stuff, it's mental! I've never even been allowed to date and suddenly they want me to get married to someone I've never even met!?"

"It is what it is?" Niall offered, trying desperately to contain his laughs.

Louis shoved him lightly and when Niall shoved back, promptly tackled his best friend to the ground.

"Hey! Oi! getoffmeyouwanker-"

It wasn't until a cough from above them was heard and Louis had stopped his movements that Niall could scramble away. 

"Come on Lou! You've gotta take a chonce with one of 'em or you'll never get married!" Niall was cackling as he hid behind the Royal advisor, he looked pretty tired.

Louis looked like he was about to make a move to attack Niall again when Paul, the advisor, spoke.

"Prince Louis, her highness Queen Johannah has requested you in her study." 

Niall took this as an opportunity to get away. "Well I see you're in very capable hands, just gonna head off... maybe see what Stan's cooking up in the kitchen. Catch ya later Lou!" Niall darted away quickly.

"I'm not done with you yet Horan! I expect sympathy and apologies next time I see you!" Louis yelled across the castle grounds when he jumped up after the Irish boy.

"Prince Louis, please. Her highness, Johannah is waiting." Paul tried to urge him onward.

"Paul, come on mate, how many times have I got to tell you. Just call me Louis. And mum'll be pretty pissed if she hears you're calling her Johannah still." Louis dusted himself off before following his advisor back through the gardens.

"So... what's she need?" Louis asked to fill the silence between them.

"I believe you're being fitted for your suit for next weeks ball." Paul responded.

"Oh fucking hell, why didn't you say something sooner mate?" Louis looked about ready to make a break for it but Paul was faster, he quickly grabbed Louis' arm and when Louis continued to resist further, hoisted him up over his shoulder.

"Paul! Put me down!" Louis moaned and pouted all the way to his mother's study, wriggling around incessantly in attempt to break free. 

———

"Mum come on please, I really don't think we need to-" 

"Louis Tomlinson stop your whining and get up onto the platform!" Jay had her hand on her head and was beginning to look very annoyed as Louis continued to resist.

He reluctantly stepped up onto the square rise in the middle of the room.

"Now, Lou is going to be here any minute so please don't be a bother for her, this can be really easy Boobear. She just needs your measurements today, in a few days you'll try it on, she'll make adjustments and your done. Just, please."

The Queen was practically begging him. 

"Alright mum, alright! I'll be serious, promise." He winked at the end and Jay was about to yell at him when the doors swung open and a woman entered the room followed closely by two of Louis' younger sisters.

"Girls what are you doing in here? Go on please, out of the room, why aren't you with Taylor?" 

Jay hurried to her daughters, smiling quickly at Lou who had set a bag down and moved over to where Louis was standing.

"But mummy, Lou said we could help!" Phoebe said and it was then that she noticed the girls holding some of Lou's supplies and the innocent smiles on their faces.

After a moment of deliberation she held in her sigh and moved back to her seat, a sudden flurry of people arriving in rapid succession to confirm details of the approaching ball.

As Louis' arms were being held out to the sides and measured he huffed and looked over his shoulder to see his supposed best mates and body guards, Liam and Niall, standing behind the door and snickering at him.

"Oi-"

"Louis, quiet now please." Jay said dismissively, Louis looked back over his shoulder where the two boys had quickly disappeared from.

———

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed! Love you all, don't forget to comment and vote.

Btw, for anyone who's read My Type, an update is coming soon I promise, I've had a little bit of writer's block but the next chapter's almost ready.

Xx

(Published on the 10th of October 2021)