18} Dinner Humiliation

I freeze in my seat and drop my fork. I stare down at my plate and try to hide as much as possible, avoiding Louis' attention. Luckily, he doesn't notice me which hopefully will stay like this for the rest of the night.

"Hey mum, I got the mashed potatoes. They smell delicious, ugh, I can't wait to dig in." He exclaims and sets it down on the table. "Be right back with the casserole."

Right when he's out of sight into the kitchen, I immediately gather my senses. Taking a deep breath, I calm myself before I become a huge mess - which I have been doing since the boys left.

"Uh, e-excuse me for a second, I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I announce and politely leave my seat.

Once I smoothly get out of my chair, I sorta power-walk out of there. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

I can't believe I didn't remember Johannah. Almost everyday when I was little I would always come to Louis' house and play with him until the sun went down. Lottie and Felicity usually spent time with us as well, but they were so much younger. I didn't even recognize any of them until I saw Louis. I'm so stupid.

Walking for what feels like forever, I realize that I'm lost. This house is massive and I've already taken too many turns to head back - mostly because I don't know the way back. Stupidly, I remember that I forgot to ask where the bathroom is.

Being stranded and lost, I continue to find the bathroom - since I have no other choice. I take multiple turns around the house and I'm amazed on how big this house is, it's basically a mansion at this point... Perks of being Louis Tomlinson's mother.

After about five years, I finally found a small bathroom. Quickly going in and shutting the door, I do my business that I've been holding forever.

Once I'm done, I look at myself in the mirror. Ugh, how did I get in this situation again? Inside, I feel so queazy and uncomfortable from just thinking that Louis is going to be at dinner tonight. I sigh, I can't let my pain show.

You could do it, Jessica.

You just gotta stay strong for tonight.

Don't show that your weak, just keep smiling.

I step outside of the bathroom and into the confusing hallway. Taking my time on trying to find a way back, I realize I'm in no rush.

While I'm strolling around, I look at all the frames and decorations around me. There's tons of pictures of the family and it makes me smile, I remember every single one of them since they were babies. Even though Louis has put me through some tough times, I feel like they're all my second family. And nothing could change that.

As I take a turn into the next hallway, I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my stomach and my head. Losing my balance, I fall onto the floor - also hurting my bum - and realize that I knocked into someone.

I'm too overwhelmed from the sudden pain and couldn't make out on who I ran into. Right now, I feel extremely discombobulated since I just got the wind knocked out of me plus I'm in an unusual position while I'm wearing a dress. Saying that I was awkward is an understatement.

"Are you okay?" Asks the person, groaning in pain as well.

"Yea," I reply, when I'm actually not.

"I'm so sorry. Here," he holds out his hand and I take it, standing up.

I look down at my dress and make sure it's okay, thankfully it is. I look up to whoever ran into me and instantly feel dead inside.

Because right in front of me, it was the one and only Louis fucking Tomlinson.