37} Prince (Somewhat) Charming

Luckily, the police station was only two blocks away from the park. Skylar and I drove there two minutes after the incidence, both exchanging glances of curiosity and amusement. Normally, we should be filled with concern about the trouble Louis got himself into (again), but this isn't a normal situation. He has enough money to bail himself and twelve other people out, plus he could handle himself in there.

What leaves me questioning is, why did he get arrested? Sure, he stole a car, but it seriously says 1D Mobile. If you haven't been living under a rock in the past five years, then you would probably know that Louis was in One Direction. 1D Mobile. One direction. Kinda connects together. So why would he be charged for that? Technically, it did belong to him - to his band - and neither Skylar nor I called the authorities.

Noticing that we were driving in silence, I turn my head to Skylar, who has her eyes glues to the road ahead of us. Even she has a pinch of confusion on her face.

"You knew about this from the start, didn't you?" I ask, already knowing the answer. I'm not mad, just a bit irritated that they've been hiding this from me, while also causing tons of stress in the matter of hours for this wild goose chase.

"Be more specific."

"The note, hunting down the car, the park, you knew all of this beforehand."

She tilts her head, "Yea, was it that easy to tell?"

I chuckle and nod, staring in the rearview mirror as the glorious park shrinks behind us, smaller and smaller.

"It's true. But it wasn't my idea - it was Louis', obviously. All was going according to plan until he got arrested." She laughs, "I should've seen it coming, actually. He always has to add something unexpected."

The car comes to a sudden stop in front of the police station, sending me uneasy vibes. In unison, we get out of the car and head into the building, trying not to feel intimidated. Cool air conditioning sweeps around our skin as I take in the scenery. It looks like the average station you'd stumble upon, with cement walls and a pretty dull visitor's room. A few people lingered here and there, none seeming happy to be here. The front desk was located on the opposite side of the large room, behind a glass wall.

Together, we stride over there and catch the attention to a young officer. Brown hair and tan skin, he could only be a few years older than myself. If I had to guess, he was most likely a lower rank, maybe just starting the job. His eyes avert towards us and plays with a silver pen between his fingers.

"May I help you?" He speaks through the opening.

"Yes, um, we were hoping to visit my friend that was just... taken? Louis Tomlinson?" I reply, not really knowing what to say.

If he was surprised by the mention of a member from the most famous boyband, he didn't show it. "It says he was just arrested... thirteen minutes ago? You guys are fast."

I force a tight smile at the comment, "Is it possible to visit him?"

"Yea," he keeps the unimpressed impression on as he scrolls through the computer beside him, "Just give it a couple of minutes. Please fill out these papers in the meantime and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask."

My hands wrap around two papers he slipped towards us, one for me and one for Skylar, along with two pens. Didn't look complicated, just asking us to jot down the basic information.

Only a few minutes passed until we were finished. Skylar handed that papers back to the officer, and he lead us inside the door, which I hoped was the entrance to see Louis.