-Chapter 1: The Unexpected-

A/N: Your outfit above)

I was woken up by the sound of cars, people chatter and other normal sounds you'll hear in the busy streets of New York, I sat up letting a groan slip my lips while I reached for my phone that was on my bedside table as it began to ring, once I had located it I answered the call without looking to see who it was which I soon found out was my wonderful twin brother Kelly.

He sounded like he had something on his mind but didn't want to bother me with his thoughts or feelings like he usually does.

"Danm bro I'm glad he's ok, how's the new guy doing? you guys haven't wore him out yet have you?"

Kelly)"Nah he's a tough one trust me, he's a hell of a cook though as his mom owns a dinner but nothing can beat your cooking sis. Anyway, enough about me and the firehouse, how's you?"

I heaved a sigh brushing my fingers of my free hand through my slightly knotted hair as I swung my legs over the side of my bed and sat on the edge contemplating on what to tell him, I was being transferred over to his firehouse in 3 weeks time but decided to not tell him and surprise him instead, so I told him about me passing my paramedic training and now was a fully qualified paramedic which he was thrilled about.

After half an hour longer of chatting to each other he had to go as he was being called out on a call so we said are goodbyes and hung up, this left me staring out of my bedroom window at the wonderful day that was to come.

I wasn't on shift today so I planned on enjoying it the best I can considering that I always work 95% of the time, I flopped back onto my back stretching my arms over my head getting some satisficed pops from my bones.

After I had found the strength to get up I took a shower then got dressed for the day and went downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee and relax watching some TV for abit, that was until Beckston, a friend of mine at the firehouse; texted me asking if I wanted to meet up and hang out for abit. After some thought I texted her back and asepted her offer to hang out, so I grabbed my jacket, motorbike keys and helmet then went on my way to where she told me to meet her at.

After a while I had to pull over so I could check the directions for where this café was at and it was only like 5 minutes after I heard a loud crash, bang and screams from around the corner, so I quickly took off my bike helmet and set it down on top of my bike seat then ran around the corner, there I saw a truck had slammed into the side of a car as it was going across the intersection. With my quick thinking I grabbed my phone from my pocket and rang 911 for Fire and Rescue and a ambulance, afterwards I ran over to check if everyone involved with the accident was ok.

The tuck driver by the looks of it had a small head injury and he informed me that his breaks must of failed which resulted in the accident to happen, I then checked on the people in the car which was an adult in the drivers seat, a teen girl in the passenger seat and a kid around the age of 10 or 13 in the back seat. The guy in the drivers seat was awake and had a nasty cut to his forehead and had a wound on his right side that was bleeding, where as the teen and kid was both knocked out cold from the hit of the truck with minor injuries.

"Excuse me, sir, what's your name?"

Andy)"I-It's Andy, oh god, is my daughter and nephew ok?"

"Fire & Recuse and an ambulance is on there way, I just need you to remain still for me, can you do that for me Andy? I'm sure your nephew and daughter are ok but we wont know for sure until the emergency services gets here ok?"

He shakily nods his head as I turn to the truck driver and asked him if he had a toolbox and med-kit in his truck if so to quickly go and grab it for me which he did and brought it over to me, I placed them both onto the tarmacked road and open the toolbox then shuffled through it until I found a flat head screwdriver also a hammer, I told Andy to cover his face and broke the window then cleared all the glass out of it's frame so I could reach inside of the car.

I reached in and opened the driver side door from the inside and carefully helped Andy out of the car and told him to lay down on the road to prevent him from hurting himself anymore than necessary, I then opened the back driver side door from the inside as it had the child lock on and carefully moved the boy out of the car and layed him beside Andy where I assessed his condition, he was unharmed luckily but may have a concussion from the impact.

I could now hear the sirens of the firetrucks and ambulances which was a relief as I didn't now how long the girl will last or the extent of her injury's, once they got to the scene I smiled when I saw the numbers on the side of the firetruck and ambulances were the numbers from my firehouse that I work at, when they were out of the firetrucks I jogged over to them then I explained the situation then went over to the paramedics and told them the main details of what I have concluded with whatever I had at hand.

Jin)"I thought it was your day off Severide?"

"What can I say? I love my job Jinzey"