Chapter 4: First Day On The Job

I was finally able to get my wrist and arm cast off the other day and my leg is good as new which was a relief, my physical also came back all clear so I was able to go back to work today, so it'll officially be my first day at 51; the moment I was sitting in the common area when Gabby came and sat down next too me.

Gabby)"Hay, who's this cutie? She's adorable"

"Oh um Hay Gabby, her name's River-lilly, she's my daughter and I miss her"

Gabby)"Oh, I didn't now you had a daughter, what happened to her?"

I looked over at her with a small smile before I turned my eyes back to my phone that had up a picture of River-lilly when I last saw her, which was when she was 2 years old, I had too blink away any tears that I wanted to cry as I knew crying wouldn't bring my little girl back too me.

A/N:⬆️ River-lilly when she was 2⬆️)

"My ex-husband, Jason, was arrested for taking part in a gang shooting when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant so I went and stayed with Kelly for abit until she was born; after a few months I moved to NYC, until Jason managed to get out of prison and the first thing he did was come looking for me, and when he did he broke into my house, killed my babysitter and took River-lilly when I had a 24 hour shift. Haven't seen them since"

She pulled me into a side hug and rubbed my upper arm in a attempt to comfort me as she knew I was upset talking about Jason taking River-lilly from me, before I could dwell to long on the subject the alarm went off as a voice over the P.A told us about the call that's just came in, we rushed over to the ambulance and I got into the back as Shay and Gabby jumped into the front seats.

Gabby)"Hay, maybe I could talk to my brother Antonio? He's in the C.P.D so he maybe able to get some kind of lead, that's only if you're interested of course I'm not trying to pressure you or anything"

Gabby suggested to me through the small window to the front which she had a point though, I could get some kind of lead but I'm not going to hold my breath on that as it's been about 3 year's since he's taken her so it's highly unlikely to find anything, but there's a slither of hope.

"Sure it's worth a shot, but I'm not going to hold my breath on them finding anything though, it has been 3 year's now after all"

Shay)"Wait, what are you both talking about?"

Gabby)"She has a daughter but her ex-husband, Jason, took her 3 year's ago after breaking into her house and killing the babysitter of course"

Shay)"Jesus Christ, [Y/N], I'm so sorry you had to go through that"

"It's okay, I just miss her is all"

Once we made it to the scene they both got to work while I went over to see if they needed my help with anything firefighter related which they didn't so I went and helped Shay and Gabby, once the fire was put out and all the wounded was treated then taken off too hospital, everyone pack up and headed back to the firehouse.

Throughout the day we got plenty of calls considering that it's nearing Christmas and all, at the end of my shift Gabby's brother Antonio was waiting outside for me as he's found something promising that maybe able to help me find River-lilly, Gabby reassured me that her brother was a good detective and that he's a great guy so there's nothing to worry about.

"You must be Antonio I assume? Gabby's brother"

Antonio)"That's right, you must me [Y/N] Severide that my sister told me about, she told me all the details earlier when we talked; I've already compiled a bunch of places he could be hiding out with your daughter, we'll be meeting up with Halstead a friend on the force"

"Alright, what we waiting for? let's go!"

He chuckled softly in amusement as he held opened the passenger side door for me so I could get it once I was in he went round to the driver's side, for then next few hours we went to different places that gang members and people in general go to like bar's, club's and places like that, afterwards we went back to Jay's place to talk about all the information that we've been able to gather over a few beers.