Chapter 16: Target

Yesterday was Gabby's first day on Truck which was an easy day part from a fire and a rescue in a gunk yard, I could tell she was stressed all through the day as she was getting alittle different treatment from the guy's on truck and there attempts on pranking her never really worked, it the end though Herrmann managed to get her which only lead to her cleaning up the mess left behind

Squad 3, Truck 81, Engine 51 & Ambulance 61, apartment fire at *****

Squad was first on scene as Otis stalled the old firetruck that was a temporary replacement for the 81 firetruck, the fire was raging and as I was about to go in I heard a crash from on of the balcony's so I looked up and saw that someone had smashed there way through a glass sliding door so they could escape the fire which was in that apartment, once Matt and Gabby was safely on the roof Joe moved the areal to the balcony. 

Once he got the person down the areal I quickly helped him take the man over tot he ambo but afterwards I looked over to where chief was standing talking over the radio telling Matt and Gabby to get off the roof as it was about to flashover while I walked over to them, Kelly and some others was stood watching the two start to scale down the side of the building, a explosion went off making a window shatter and set both of them swinging alittle but as the glass rained down on us I felt a slight sting in my cheek but I just thought it was nothing and left it, eventually both Matt and Gabby made it to the ground.

Once we were back at 51 I took all my gear off then went to the bathroom to clean myself up alittle but when I looked in the mirror I noticed that my cheek was bleeding and on closer look it was a small piece of glass stuck in my cheek, I cursed under my breath just as the bathroom door opened and Sylvie came in asking if I was okay as she heard me curse under my breath, I only sighed then showed her my cheek and she offered to bandage it for me in the ambo.

I finished up washing my hands then we went to the ambo and I sat on the gurney so Sylvie could patch me up, she's new and not use to the big city accidents and all that so it's understandable that she's alittle thrown off alittle at times.

"Thanks for the help Sylvie"

Sylvie)"It's no a problem really. It doesn't look like you'll need stitches which is good, I'll just wash it then put a bandage on it, it should heal pretty quickly"

"I hope it doesn't leave a scar, I already have plenty of those"

Sylvie)"Really? How did you get those? If you don't mind me asking or anything I'm not trying to pri!"

I couldn't help but chuckle alittle at her slightly flustered and tumbling over her own words it reminded me of when I was in middle school, I was ever the shy kid that always tried to stay close as possible to the people that I already knew just to avoid talking to others that I didn't know, in the end Kelly had to make me talk to others and eventually I out grew my shyness and become more confident in myself.

"Just the price of working this kind of job I guess, I never really get use to that side of being in the C.F.D, I never have and never will"

I gave her a light smile as she finished up putting the plaster on my cheek then I helped her clean up the ambo alittle form the call that we all just went on while we got to know each other, afterwards I got a call from Jay so I quickly took the call and found out that something came up involving his dad so he couldn't make it to dinner tonight at my place which I told him was find and to worry about his dad first, I was alittle disappointed though but knew family was more important than some stupid dinner so I just let it go.

after my shift I texted Jay to see how his dad was and he told me that his dad had to have heart surgery so I asked Rosemary to watch over River for me as I go and visit Jays dad, he met me outside then we went up together with him filling me in on his dads condition although this wasn't the way I imagined I would meet his dad I wanted to be there for him and to support him, I know how hard a tough it could be to see someone you care about in the hospital.

Jay)"Dad you have a visitor, this is [Y/N] the girl I mentioned about"

"You talk about me? I hope only good things Jay, otherwise, I will come for you mister"

I teased him playfully with a nudge to his side which he responded with a light chuckle and pulled me into his side then placing a kiss on my forehead which made me smile, are attention was brought over to his dad that laughed alittle then coughed few times before telling us that we reminded him of when he met Jay and Wills mother around are age which made me feel blessed that he could see that in us, I could tell Jay defiantly was.

I sat with them for a while just talking about sports and answered any questions I was asked before I checked the time at and noticed how late it was so I excused myself saying my goodbyes then kissed Jay on the cheek before I made my way to my car to go home, while I was driving home my phone buzzed so once I stopped at a red light I quickly took a glace at it to see a message from Kelly but when I looked up to the lights they were changing to I put my phone down, as I started to drive across the intersection I caught the sight of blinding headlights coming from my right side.

From there nothing made sense. I felt the inpact. The brute force which made my car go tumbling across the intersection a few times then stopped on the roof of the car. The overwhelming pain that struck my body once everything settled. All of this made zero sense, I then blacked out just as the faint sound of sirens hit my ears that was softly ringing.

--------

When I came too I was in the hospital, again, I feel like I've been in the hospital more than I would like recently. I struggled to sit up which made my heart monitor start to pick up alittle but I just ignored it as all I wanted to do was get out of this danm hospital bed and go home as I'm sure River would be asking where I was because I promised to be home in time to read her a bedtime story and tuck her in, my breathing started to pick up as pain shot up my back and all over my body but it only made me start to freak out when rushed footsteps was heard coming down the hallway, my vision went fuzzy as memories of when I was with Jason flashed before my eyes then back to the crash that just happened.

I have to get out of here. I need to g-go home. Let me go.

I raked my hands through my hair trying to calm my breathing down as I brought my knees to my chest and every sound was amplified to sound louder than it should be, it all came crumbling down though when nurses and doctors came rushing into my hospital room all talking over one another with all there medical terms and what not just making me agitated more than I was already was, my eyes was flicking all over the room trying to understand what was happening but once my eyes landed on Jay and Will stood outside the room watching worried it was like something clicked then I started to calm down.

Once I calmed down from my panic attack I was allowed visitors and Jay rushed to my side peppering my face with kisses before assuring me that I was okay now, Will gave me the run down of my condition with was nothing major luckily consideration that my car was rammed into by a truck which made my car tumbling about 3-4 time before it topped on its roof.