Chapter 13: Let The Past Go

A/N: Your outfit above)

I finally heard back from Kelly and whatever Matt said to him had managed to get through to my thick headed brother of mine, he's been crashing at my place for a bit as he didn't want to go back to his apartment that he and Shay had together, it just hurt too much. River didn't care though she's loved having her uncle around more and I think had done Kelly some good too as he seems happier but not all the way there, I just hoped he was going to be okay and in the end Kelly has also returned back to work which is a good sign well hopefully. 

--------

I walked through the sliding doors to the ER and right there sifting through the front desk was Maggie which made me smile when she looked up she too had a smile on her face, we talked for abit until I saw Will walk out of a patients room looking at something on the iPad he was holding so I quickly excused myself from Maggie so I could catch Will before he went to another patient, I called his name as I quickly walked over to him and once he lifted his head up then saw it was me he smiled at me.

Will)"[Y/N], what can I do for you?"

"What does Jay like? I haven't thanked him properly with everything him and the others did to get River back too me, I just wanted to thank him"

I explained as he put the iPad he was holding under his arm as he looked at me with a playful look on his face while he thought about what I asked, I could tell he was thinking that I was trying to do something else and it was all a cover up to get closer to his brother, I'm not going to lie Jay is good looking but I don't know if I can date a cop knowing fully well that there job is as dangerous as mine is. 

Will)"Well something simple should do, like, invite him over so he can see how River-Lily is doing and maybe dinner. He'll appreciate it"

"Really? At least it's simple and nothing expensive"

I raised an eyebrow questioning him on what he said as it can't be that simple, can it? A guy like Jay must expect some sort of actual gift as a thank you than a meal and seeing how River is doing right? I just let a sigh slip past my lips pleasantly surprised that Jay isn't what I thought he was, maybe I should get to know him more, he my surprise me.

Will)"He talks alot about you ya know, it will do him some good and time to relax. He's got a new case and it's got him working overtime, I'm sure you can talk some sense into that thick skull of his"

"I'll try, I should leave you to your work, it was good talking with you"

Will)"Yh, I hope everything goes well with my brother"

"Me too"

I pat his shoulder with a smile before I left now heading over to the district to find Jay to ask him when he would like to come over and have that dinner. I jogged up the stairs of the district building then walked over the the front desk where Trudy was typing away on the keyboard of the computer but stopped briefly when she heard footsteps and looked up from the screen to see who it was, she gave me a small smile when she saw it was me then asked how I and River was doing.

"We're doing great, thanks for asking. How's everything going with you and Mouch?"

Trudy)"Hes so charming and has a sense of humor, things are going great. Anyway what are doing here for?"

"Is Jay Halstead here by any chance? I wanted to ask him something"

Trudy)"Oh? Going to ask him out are we"

"It's not like that, I wanted to thank him properly for getting River back to me, I've already told Herrmann to let the Intelligence unit that they have one free drink on me at Molly's if he sees any of them there"

Trudy)"Well I'm afraid he's not here the moment, sorry"

"Oh well, it was worth a try, I'll just drop him a text later"

I said bye to her then walked out of the station then over to my bike swinging my leg over and getting comfortable before grabbing my helmet which I left on the handle bar, just before I put it on I heard my name be called so I looked up in that direction to see just the person I was looking for jogging my way, so I placed my helmet in my lap as I watch him with amusement clearly written all over my face and once he got to me he took a moment to catch his breath.

I couldn't help but let a chuckle slip from seeing him so winded when he was a cop, wasn't he supposed to be good at running? after all they do run after criminals for there line of work, I leaned over to the satchels on the side of my bike then grabbed a bottle of water then turned back to him and held it out for him to take, he gladly took it with a smile then took a drink from it and thanking me afterwards.

Jay)"What you doing here? Is there something wrong?"

"No, nothings wrong, I was actually looking for you. I was wondering if you wanted to come over for dinner later if your free, River has been asking about you and I wanted to do something to thank you personally as you and Antonio was the ones that worked the most on the case for me"

Jay)"You don't have to do anything to thank me it is my job after all, I could see how much River-Lily was too you so I did whatever I could to bring a mother and daughter back together. However, if the offer still stand hen Id love to come over for dinner, it would get my mind off work for a while"

"Will told me that a new case came in, I hope your not working yourself too hard mister, it would be bad if you get sick because of it"

Jay)"Yes ma'am, text me your address and time k"

He jokingly saluted to me with a smirk before he turned around and jogged up the steps as I let a laugh out at his silly behavior before I put on my helmet and started up my bike then went on my way home to release my brother of babysitting duty while I did this, he was glad I was getting myself out there again in the social scene as I was finally letting go of my doubts that I had because of what things was like when I was with Jason, I was ready to let that bad apple go and let it rot in my past like I should of long ago.