Chapter 17: Hectic Days

I was so relieved when I was allowed to go back to work so I could finally breath for abit although I didn't expect to have a call from Kelly, which was in Vegas by the way, telling me he got married to some rando girl which he met at a casino black jack table. I thought that he was joking as he was clearly drunk off his head but the next day he turned up and low be hole there was a wedding band on his finger, this is why you shouldn't leave my brother unsupervised for a whole weekend, so it wasn't a surprise that Matt asked me if I knew anything about this all.

"Before you even ask me Matt, yes, I did know about Kelly's irrational decision to get married in Vegas"

Matt)"Aren't you going to say something? Talk some sense into him?"

"I have my own issues to sort out, let alone even think about trying to get anything through that thick headed brother of mine. He's happy for once Matt, especially after shay died, just leave him be for a while it'll run it's course eventually"

Brittney came by the firehouse later on in the day and brought doughnuts for everyone which made a few happy faces and I got to say she was pretty and nice which I knew Kelly deserved after the shit he's been through, I was happy that he was happy, and I was enjoying my time back at work after I was released from the hospital a week ago. 

-------

A call came in it was a helicopter crash so we all got suited up then rushed to the scene, once on scene we all go to work with squad going up the areal to help the people in the helicopter which was teetering on the roof of the building, all of us lugging up some piece of equipment which was relevant to get them free and to safety. 

The roofing was unstable so we had to tread lightly otherwise we risk it collapsing, we anchored the back end of the helicopter to the vents that was on the roof to stabilize it, while the webbing was being put in place me and Kelly make sure that it didn't teeter over the edge or the edge of the roof gave out, apparently to the piolet of the helicopter it felt like they hit something before they lost control.

An updraft made the helicopter to teeter abit but we managed to stabilize it again thankfully, using the jaws we were able to get the piolet free now it was over to getting the passengers in the back free which wasn't going to as easy as getting the piolet free as the seats in the back got all messed up on the inpact, over the radio Boden told us to check are lines as the roof edge was crumbling so time wasn't on are side. 

We managed to remove the door to the back so Kelly could cut the seatbelts freeing the passengers but all the movement only made the helicopter to rock more making the roof edge to crumble more, the seats which was pinning the passengers in was cut free and moved so we could get out the male passenger first safely but it only made the helicopter rock some more as he was lifted out then Kelly went to help the woman out when some of the ropes gave out, we all rushed and grabbed some of the webbing to stabilize it again but Kelly was thrown back when the helicopter rocked but thankfully he was able to get out uninjured.

Eve;ryone that was hurt was taken to hospitals while the clean up began afterwards we all returned to the firehouse, later on Gabby came up to me and told me that Sylvie said that Joe had a Zumba class which made me look at her with a "are you serious" look which she nod her head and I burst out laughing completely not expecting to hear that after the day we all had, it actually brightened up my day alittle.

-------

A/N: Your outfit above)

I got a text from Gabby telling me it was time so I grabbed my bag, kissed River on the head before leaving the house to where Sylvie said the Zumba class was that Joe runs, mostly everyone at the firehouse knew about it so we decided to all go to one of his classes to show are support although it was also to have some fun too, I almost burst out laughing when I heard and saw him run out of a door in the back then onto the stage up front but his expression was priceless when he saw we all was there.

With some convincing he agreed to continue his class which was actually a lot of fun and I enjoyed it although I almost burst out laughing a few time but for the first time in months I felt great to let loose and just have fun, especially after all the shit that's been going down recently.