˗ˋ 12

CHAPTER TWELVE

-: fourth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY FIND
AN ANSWER

. . .

"YOU HAVE TO GO TO BED AT SOME POINT." From his top bunk, it appeared Harry was still trying to get rid of his sister, over half an hour since they came back into the tent. Nobody seemed able to go to sleep, and many of them were on their second mug full of hot chocolate, crowded around the table and living area of the much larger boys tent.

Hermione, Ginny and Evie were squished into what could be quite a spacious, comfy arm chair if only one was sat in it, not quite wanting to leave the warmth and return to their own tent, which just seemed so empty in comparison to that one. And not to mention, in Evie's case, there was currently a dark haired Krum sat by Charlie on the couch opposite them.

"Shut up." Evie replied, her aim to try and shout it but ultimately failing miserably; her focus was drifting lazily from topic to topic, listening half-heartedly as Aleksander and Charlie talked of nothing but Quidditch in Bulgaria.

"It's fine if you want to sleep in here." Mr Weasley was watching over the group, feeling as thoug perhaps it would be best to keep them together, rather than seperating them after such a terrifying experience in the dead of night; running around an almost pitch-black, unfamiliar tent ground with Death Eaters threatening to set several of the canvas structures on fire was not something to be taken lightly.

"Really?" Ginny looked hopeful, her head dropping to rest on Evie's shoulders as they sat there. "Good. Bill - pass me a blanket, would you?" One of the knitted throws was arranged over the girls, Hermione passing their empty hot chocolate cups to the small side table besides the armchair.

Ginny was asleep in mere minutes, and it seemed like she was in such a state of unconciousness that nothing could wake her. Still, Evie couldn't even attempt to try: every time she closed her eyes the sight of approaching Death Eaters wanting to kill her and many others appeared, followed by the writhing green of the Dark Mark written along the stars. 

She watched as Bill and Percy headed towards the bunks, Harry and Ron deciding to move their conversation back into the living room to allow them to sleep. Charlie was the next to go, leaving Aleksander answering several (somewhat invasive) questions from Ron as Hermione dropped off to sleep.

"Come on." Harry saw the discomfort forming around his sister, the dead weights heavy on her shoulders. Carefully, a hand emerged from the blanket and Evie climbed over the two sleeping bodies, making sure to leave Ginny and Hermione resting on each other, with much more space.

She came to sit on the arm rest of the sofa opposite, Aleksander looking up at her with a somewhat grin. They were pretty much the only ones awake now; Mr Weasley was trying not to fall asleep at the kitchen table, and it had even fallen silent in Fred and George's bunk.

"Not tired?" She asked the newest addition to the group, who firmly shook his head.

"You?" Aleksander asked.

"No way." Evie practically shuddered. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep until I get back to the Burrow. It just seems.. I don't know.  I know they're all gone, but it doesn't feel like it."