˗ˋ 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

-: fourth year :-

── IN WHICH ALEKS IS WELCOMED

. . .

"SO IT'S TAKEN APPROXIMATELY twenty.. one hours for you to replace me." Ginny's grip slipped from Evie's wrist, which she had grabbed and pulled towards her face and away from the group in order to check the time. "Of course, considering he's the brother of Viktor Krum I'm find myself lacking the ability to care that much." A frown covered her face, peering back at Harry, Ron, Fred and George, all of which looked amazingly interested in whatever Aleks was saying. "You should go and rescue him."

"He's perfectly capable of rescuing himself. Besides, you're the one who dragged me away from him.. so if you think about it, it's you who should be rescuing him." Evie hummed to herself, pulling her cardigan sleeves down over her wrist again. "So.. you don't mind that you might be replaced?"

"Please!" Ginny exploded. "He's a Krum. I'm not gonna mind you doing anything with him.. to a certain extent of course."

"Of course, of course." Evie looked more than amused at the look on Hermione's face. "What, Granger, got something to say?" She joked as the girl fell into step between them. Hermione didn't say anything and the two gingers shared a look. "Seriously though, is everything okay?"

"Just rattled after last night." Hermione didn't complain as Ginny slid an arm around her waist. "Hey - trying to walk here." Despite her complains, there was an overall lack of movement on behalf of the Weasley. "And confused on how you two can be so... lively." 

That was a question that baffled many. The boys might be avidly listening to Aleks's tales and pushing for answers to their many questions (Ron's mostly seemed directed towards the older of the two famed brothers, but everyone was far too tired to point out the impudence) but they were punctuating their sentences with stretched 'sorrys' as they yawned and rubbed sleep from their eyes. This contrasted greatly with the attitude originated in Ginny and Evie, who, despite their initial hatred to the world after receiving such a rude awakening after shockingly few hours of sleep, were all kinds of energetic.

"Who knows." Ginny hummed. "I mean, maybe Bill made magic coffee, or it might be the idea of a good breakfast waiting for us at home.... or the fact that my best friend is - this - close to bagging Viktor Krum's brother."

"Hey - he's more than that. You would hate to be known only by your brothers, and I hate being known by mine." The Potter replied. "That being said, I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least slightly interested in him."

"Really?" Hermione looked more worried about it than she cared to admit. "I just... he seems nice enough, but our first encounter was him running away from his bodyguards. And the only reason he was there last night was because he did the very same irresponsible thing and ended up lost in a campsite whilst Death Eaters attacked the poor muggles." There was an edge to her voice and Evie joined Ginny in placing an arm around her, hand moving up and down her back consolingly. 

Evie didn't say anything for a moment. "But you have to admit that it wasn't his fault for the attacks. Or the fact he has bodyguards. And besides, if anything it proves that he didn't know that it was going to happen until it did." Her arm on Hermione's back slid around to hook under her elbow. "He helped me last night, and punched Malfoy. Doesn't that sound familiar? If I can remember correctly - then there's someone here who would find they have quite the similarity."