Chapter 1

I never lose the bruises you left behind

Bruises, Lewis Capaldi

A/n: The girls are 8 and Hope is 5

Dia's Pov

Me and Laura were in their room entertaining each other, while everyone else is playing with Hope. Laura and I were happy when we heard that we were getting a cousin, but when she was born everyone's attention went toward her even their parents. After that we hated Hope, I even had to give up my room for her, that's one of things we hate about Hope that she get's anything she wants no matter who's hurt in the process. Anyway me and Laura were sitting in our room practicing magic secretly, we can't let anyone know that we know magic because we don't know what they will do, and were more powerful than Hope and that's really bad. 

Few minutes later we heard a knock at the door, we knew it was Hope because she is the only one in the family that knocks. "Come in Hope," Laura shouts from her bed. Hope walks in and says "Come downstairs it time for dinner," and then she walks out. Hope is nice to us until we don't give her what she wants, and we're nice to Hope, but even though we're nice to Hope doesn't mean we don't hate her, but anyway after Hope walked away, we got up from our beds and walked downstairs to the dining room where all the Mikaelson siblings were. They didn't even notice our existence and we got used to it. Me and Laura took out normal places at the table next to Uncle Elijah.

After we finished dinner me and Laura went back into our room to get ready for bed. Me and Laura do everything together because we're in people we have because every one else in this family ignores us.  I think of Laura more of a sister than cousin. Anyway we finished putting our Pjs on and laid down, I'm not sure about Laura, but once my head the pillow I fell straight to sleep. 

Laura's Pov 

I woke up early the next morning, everyone was still sleep, even Dia. I got up and took a shower, and left the house to go on a walk around the Quarter. I loved Quarter early in the morning it was quiet, people were just getting up, it was a good time to think. 

All of sudden I see a lady crying so I decided go up to her. "Um are you ok?" I asked the lady. She looked up at me with puffy eyes it looks like she's been crying for a while. "yes I'm fine little girl run along," she replies with a fake smile, " You sure don't look like it ma'am, do you want to talk about it?" I ask the mystery lady. "Sure, I just couldn't have any children," "Well I can be your child, me and my sister because our family doesn't seem to act like we exist" I say with sad eyes "But you don't even know me." 

"I can tell that you'll take better care of us than our actual family." After I said that she had a genuine smile on her face. "What's your name?" "My name's Laura" " Well hello Laura, my name's Angelina" she says with a smile. "Can I tell you a secret?" I nod my head "I'm an Angel and a vampire" My face went into shock " Really, do you have any wings?" I ask her out of excitement " I do, would you like to see?" she askes while standing up, I nod my head eagerly. Then I see pearly white wings come out from her back, I reach out my hand to touch them, they feel so soft. 

"Would you like to know my secret?" I ask her she nods her head. "I'm a witch and a vampire and I haven't activated my vampire side yet along with my sister" " Wow that sounds cool can you show me something?' She askes and I levitate her into the air then put her down she smiles at what I can do, I start to smile because no one has ever did that besides Dia. "Can I ask you something?" I ask Angelina "Sure sweetie" "Can I call you mom since your going to be our new my mom?" "You sure can, and Can I ask you something?' I shake my head "When can I met your sister?" "Well I can teleport her here." After I said that I start to chant a spell that teleports Dia here. "This is my sister Dia, Dia meet our new mom Angelina she's a vampire and angel" when I said that her face Dia's face lit up and ran up to hug Angelina. " Well I think we should be going before we get in trouble." "Well if you need me just call my name and I'll appear," Me and Dia nod and I teleport us into our bedroom.

Later that afternoon I teleported us into our bedroom and acted like we've been there the whole time. A few minutes later my dad burst into the room, me and Dia sat up on her bed. He walked over to me "Hope says that you went out this morning" He said sternly,  I bowed my head "Yes sir" "Without my permission?" He askes me and I look at Dia and I can see worry in her eyes "Yes sir" after I replied he slapped me, I can feel Dia jump when he did, I can feel tears coming to my eyes but I try not to let them out, "You go without dinner for three days" he says sternly and then left. 

After he leaves, I let the tears slip out my eyes and cry into Dia's arms. They often did that when ever disobeyed them or we didn't give Hope what she wanted. Also I was the one you got in the most trouble because I would always take the blame so Dia would not get hit, so I always had bruises on me because I got abused. I finished crying and started to get up from Dia's bed and and pulled out a bag from under my bed and put a spell on it to fit everything and started to pack my things. "What are you doing?" Dia askes me with a questioning look "I'm leaving and you either come with me and live a happy life or you can stay here with this dreadful family," I answered without looking up from my packing "Of course I'm coming with you because one your not leaving me here by myself and two your my sister we do everything together," I look at her with a smile and hug her tightly. "Ok we leave tonight and we will find Angelina and live with her," She nods with a smile and does the same thing puts a spell on her bag to fit all her things and starts packing. I start writing a letter to the people we are suppose to call our family. 

Dia's Pov

 Me and Laura left that night. We leave through the back door that's in kitchen because everyone was in the living room and they would see us leave. We get to the Quarter and find somewhere to hide so no one would see Angelina appear out of no where. "ANGELINA!" Laura and I yell. Then she appears out of no where "Yes my sweets" she says in a soft voice "Can we come live with you because we can't stand that family anymore?" I asked softly "You sure can" we both smiled and went to hug her, she hugged back tightly, and I feel loved and I haven't felt loved since I was three and I know Laura feels the same way.