The New Hunt

JANUARY 2

Nichols General Hospital

2:25PM

Chief Leonard would be with Dr. Raymond and Sheriff Molis, trying to find Philip Easlen. Instead, she was with Jim Keller, patiently waiting for him to recover and tell him Monster's identity. Also, it was a possibility Monster would try to murder Keller before he could reveal his true identity. She was certain he would finish the job.

After Keller's physical injuries were resolved, she ordered the doctors to leave. If Monster impersonated a nurse he could poison Keller.

Bored, she grabbed her cell phone and called Sheriff Molis.

"This is Sheriff Molis," he answered.

"Sheriff, this is Chief Leonard. What's going on with the investigation?" She asked.

"We're coordinating the manhunt for Philip Easlen. Dr. Raymond is very determined to find him. If Philip isn't Monster, Dr. Raymond is worried the real killer will get to him first," Sheriff Molis replied.

"Any luck?" Chief Leonard asked.

"Nothing yet. Security cameras showed he ran off somewhere towards a forest. I doubt he's still there, because the forest is small and there aren't many places to hide. Did Keller speak yet?" Sheriff Molis asked.

"No. He's still awake, but he isn't speaking. Catatonic thing is a real bummer," she complained.

"Don't worry," Sheriff Molis reassured." Any minute, I'm sure he'll give you a name or description."

"Does the coroner think that the physical wounds on the victims could have been done by Philip Easlen?" Chief Leonard asked.

"The coroner hasn't found anything yet. But Philip Easlen is one of the 42 suspects, so it definitely could be him," Sheriff Molis replied." I did hand you a copy of the list and their pictures, right?"

"Yes, I have it," Chief Leonard said. It was a small book that had the profile and picture of each of the 42 suspects. The book was in alphabetical order." Thanks."

"Of course," he said." I take it Monster hasn't appeared yet?"

"No. But I'm hoping he will," Chief Leonard said firmly.

"Why?" Sheriff Molis asked." Is this another trap?"

"Oh, yes," Chief Leonard said." His men are locked up. I have my gun, along with several policemen in the hospital. If he shows up, I'll kill him."

"How many policemen?" Sheriff Molis asked.

"Twenty. They are well prepared," Chief Leonard said.

"If they're too many cops you'll scare him away," Sheriff Molis said.

"So? Like you said, I got Jim Keller here. He's going to tell me everything," Chief Leonard said.

"Right. Anyway, we've started to narrow down possible hideouts of Philip Easlen. We'll let you know when we have more information," Sheriff Molis said.

"Okay. I'll see you later," she said. She then hung up.

She pulled out the suspect book and flipped through it. There were several names that she knew. The entire list of 42 suspects was: