The Other Killer

FEBRUARY 1

Dr. Raymond's House

4:20PM

Since the theft of all the Monster files, Sheriff Molis and Chief Leonard were spending more time at Dr. Raymond's house, a moderate-sized cabin at the edge of the woods ten miles from the Police Station. With all the remaining evidence here, any answer or truth could only be discovered here.

By the time the chief and the sheriff arrived one day, Dr. Raymond was already working. As they stepped inside the cabin, they saw just how much work he had done so far. There were 40 case files on his desk, for each suspect, and alongside them, in a neat pile, were some neat graphs with some writing on it.

"How you doing so far?" Sheriff Molis asked.

"Well, I suppose. Did Dr. Garfield's alibi check out?" Dr. Raymond asked.

"Actually, it didn't. He's a viable suspect," Sheriff Molis replied. "As for Derns, I don't know if it was him who stole the case files."

"So the security cameras didn't find anything?" Dr. Raymond asked.

"No. Someone replaced it with false footage," Chief Leonard said.

Dr. Raymond turned back to his work, his back to the two officers.

"What about your work?" Chief Leonard asked.

"I've been finding connections between all the suspects. Meanwhile, I've tried narrowing down the list. I'm thinking the minimum age Monster could have been when he started killing is fifteen or sixteen. So anybody below that age is off the list," Dr. Raymond explained.

"How many suspects are knocked off?" Sheriff Molis asked.

"A total of eleven suspects are off the list. That leaves 29 possible killers, most of them adults," Dr. Raymond explained. "I officially removed Jason Kudlar from the list."

"Wow! That's amazing," Sheriff Molis exclaimed.

"Familiar people such as Eric Derns, Anthony Garfield, Mathew Bones, Bruce Easlen, and Marcus Berthington are still on the list. I take it you have no luck tracking Philip Easlen yet?" Dr. Raymond asked.

"He's disappeared. He left Johnson Community according to one of the neighbors, so any further traps is most likely a waste of time," Chief Leonard said.

"How can we narrow the list down further?" Sheriff Molis asked.

"We'd have to find a way to figure out the location of all the suspects on January 5th," Dr. Raymond said. "The night he tried to kill Jason Kudlar."

"We could try it by tracking their cell phone signals," Chief Leonard suggested.

"Maybe. A problem will occur if he knows we're bugging him," Dr. Raymond said.

"It's still the best solution. I'll do what I can," Sheriff Molis said. He then took out his phone and called the tech guys. "Fellas, I need you to bug the phones of the following people..."

FEBRUARY 3

3:55PM