Ch 17

Not edited.

The rest of the day went quickly by with weary children suddenly finding energy as the last school bell rang and they went charging out the door.

A weary body sank down in her chair and she sighed with relief.

"Hey" Gavin's smiling face came through the door "you still alive?"

She grinned.

"Yep. I made it. A whole day!"

Gavin laughed at her and the mock way she wiped her brow.

"Come on, I'll walk you out."

The pair chatted about their day while they walked to the office and signed off for the day. There they had a quick conversation with the assistant principal Anne Robb about plans for the younger classes before leaving the building.

Gavin guided her with a hand on her arm and while it didn't feel quite right she didn't want to upset him by pulling away.

Jax lent back against the car with his arms folded. Russell was busy on a car that was needed that afternoon so he wasn't able to pick Cori up as he said he would.

His eyebrow raised as he watched the pair walk towards the carpark. The feelings he had from seeing Cori were overshadowed by the hand that was on her.

Cori noticed Jax and grinned at him feeling slightly light headed at the smirk she received back.

Gavin looked between the pair and the light dawned. He dropped his hand and moved away.

"You're with him?"

"Still deciding" she answered truthfully.

He gave her a cheeky grin.

"So there's still a chance for me then?"

"Not a chance" Jax walked up to them and bending down he kissed Cori on the cheek.

"Hi babe. Ready?"

He reached for her hand and pulled her to the car behind him. In true gentleman style he opened the door for her and helped her inside before leaning in to lace the seatbelt across her.

He stopped for a moment as he felt her breath on his cheek and turned to look at her.

"Fúck I missed you today."

His mouth landed on hers for a swift and possessive kiss before he moved away.

Closing the door he looked towards Gavin who'd been watching their interaction. Yep, now he knew that Cori was taken and if he was too thick headed to realise that well, he and Russell would deal with him later.

"Hey babe" he said while starting up the car "do you want to go straight home or go to the garage?"

"Oh, I'd really like to see how things are going with my car."

"Garage it is." He put the car into gear and drove away from the school, asked her about her day and if it was what she thought it would be.

"I love it. It's exhausting but it's great. I feel sorry for one little boy though."

"Oh? Why's that?"

"Well, he doesn't have everything he needs..."

"His name wouldn't be Jobe would it?"

She looked at him in surprise.

"Yeh it is but how..."

"Jobe's family... well let's say school supplies are at the bottom of their list of importance."