A New Enemy Or Ally?

Crusher was crying waterfalls as he zoomed through the streets. As soon as he knew he was far enough, he fell on his tires and held himself.

"Mom... Dad... why...?"

As he cried, he failed to notice a pair of eyes watching over him from the nearby alley. The being smirked as it neared the dark blue truck, eyes glowing red in the dark.

"Well, well, what do we have here?"

Crusher glanced at the alley. He gasped at the pair of eyes staring down at him.

"W-Who are you...?"

"Lucid." the being spoke before coming out from the darkness, revealing a humanoid black dragon with blood red eyes and fangs from his teeth.

"P-Please don't hurt me!" Crusher begged. "I feel hurt and alone as it is!"

"I won't, don't worry, little merboy..." Lucid chuckled as he now stood in front of him.

"Then why do I feel so scared around you...?"

"No surprise there," Lucid sneered. "I'm a demon dragon, after all..."

That did scare Crusher, but he just couldn't run anymore.

"Just leave me alone... kill me for all I care... it's not like anyone ever cared about me..."

"Hmm?" Lucid raised an eyebrow and knelt down. "And why do you say that, merboy?"

"My parents never came for me... and neither did anyone else. I felt so alone, so... I better just die now."

"I'd rather be careful what you wish for, little merboy," Lucid smirked. "You might get it and more,"

"So... what do you care...? You're just gonna do something to be either way..."

"I may kill you... BUT I may also help you," Lucid held his shoulder, eyes glowing red.

Crusher looked confused until his eyes glowed the same color before fainting. Lucid sneered and got up before taking his leave with a dash.

A few minutes later, Blaze and Pickle came.

"Crusher!!" Blaze gasped.

They ran to his side and helped him up. Crusher groaned, eyes shutting tightly with a hiss.

"Are you okay?" Pickle asked. "What happened?"

"I... I don't remember..." Crusher opened his eyes with a hiss, his eyes gleaming red.

"Crusher, your eyes are red! W-What does that mean?"

"What?" Crusher took out a mirror and glanced down at himself just as his eyes returned to normal. "I don't see it, Pickle,"

"T-They were a second ago. Do you feel any different?"

"I feel tired," Crusher yawned. "I... I wanna have a nap,"

"Let's take you home," Blaze said, lifting him up. "And... I'm so sorry about your parents never coming for you..."

"I don't wanna talk about it, Blaze." Crusher growled, eyes gleaming red again.

"O-Okay..." Blaze sighed and nodded as they headed off.

Unbeknownst to them, Lucid watched as they left. He smirked, eyes glowing blood red.

"All according to plan..."

X

Splash! Splash!

A magenta tail splashed around to the surface as she glanced up at the city nearby. She gasped.

"That MUST be the city where the circus is! Glacier, get to the surface! Quick!"

"I'm on my way!"

Glacier splashed out of the water, just beside his sister. He gasped when he saw the sight of the city.

"It's huge! You think Crusher and Pickle are there?"

"Let's hope that they are," Dynama nodded.

Just as they tried to swim forward, they were thrown back by a magical, red force field around the city.

"W-What?"

"And where do you think you mermaids are going?"

The twins looked up to see Lucid flying over the city with a smirk, hands and eyes glowing as red as the forcefield.

"Lucid! Where's our brother?!" Glacier snapped.

"Inside, but I will NEVER let you have him!" Lucid cackled. "Besides, you're a couple of years too late! He thinks that NO ONE cares for him!"

"Oh no... what do we do?" Glacier asked. "We have to get inside!"

"Good luck with that." Lucid sneered. "You'll never get past my FORCE FIELD!"

With that, he disappeared and reappeared back inside the city, waving the twins off before flying further inside.

"We're too late..." Dynama sniffled.

"We're not going to give up, sister," Glacier told her. "We're going to find a way inside. I promise,"