Saving Crusher

"Wow... great work, Pickle!" Blaze smiled.

"Thanks!"

Pickle beamed as he shrunk down into his normal form. As he did, Glacier leaned against Crusher's chest and stiffened.

"Oh no…"

"W-What? W-W-What's wrong?" asked Blaze.

"His breathing is shallow." Glacier hissed.

"C-Can't you do something for it?" AJ asked.

"Yeah! You do have magic," Sparkle pointed out.

"It's not that simple," Dynama explained. "It's an effect of being put under a spell from a demon dragon. The spell contained internal flames, which is dangerous and deadly for a mermaid to have,"

"So... he's just gonna die...?" Sparkle sniffled.

"No!" Blaze protested. "He's been waiting too long to see his family! This can't be his final hours! It... it just can't!!"

"We can try to remove the flames from inside, but we're going to need a lot of mermaid magic for it," Krisha told them.

"But... we don't have magic..." AJ said quietly, brushing his hand on his tail. "We're... not even true mermaids..."

"But with your mermaid form comes mermaid magic!" Pickle cried, landing in the water with a splash. "You guys can still help!"

"Okay... just show us what to do."

With a flick of Pickle's tentacle, Blaze turned into his mermaid form then they all led them down deep underwater. They soon made it to the palace, where Krisha rushed in and set her son down the nearest bed.

"Your royalnesses, what do we need to do?" Sparkle asked.

"Perform a ritual," Calvin took his triton from his throne. "We need to circle around him and follow after the spell,"

The family nodded. They gathered around Crusher, and Calvin held out his triton, lifting it as he closed his eyes.

"POWER OF WATER, HEAR ME!!"

Water surrounded them in a swirl as the triton glowed bright yellow. Dynama, Glacier and Krisha held hands and prompted the others to do the same. They were all holding hands as the water glowed green and blue. Calvin twirled the triton around and over his unconscious son, whose body glowed red and orange to signify the eternal flames.

"Woah..." Blaze's eyes widened.

"WATER, PUT OUT THE FLAMES!!" Calvin roared out.

Crusher's eyes and mouth opened, the flames bursting out from his body. The flames swirled into a fire being, who roared out. Sparkle whimpered and winced. Blaze held her back to keep her away from the fire being, who hissed and snarled at the mermaids. Calvin growled and held out his triton towards it.

"BEGONE, FLAMES!" he yelled. "RELEASE ME SON FROM YOUR PRESENCE!!"

The fire being screeched as the water hit it. It grew larger, swatting it's arms around with it's flames towards them all.

"What do we do?! It isn't giving up!" AJ cried out.

"We need to help Dad!" Dynama told them. "He needs more water magic!"

"Follow after us," Glacier spoke up, eyes gleaming icy blue.

The family nodded and closed their eyes. Dynama's eyes gleamed magenta, Krisha's silver, Pickle's green, AJ's orange, Blaze's red, Flame's yellow, Phoenix's platinum, and Sparkle's pink. They all swirled around Crusher, water rising from behind their backs before targetting the fire being, who hissed as the water came in contact with it's skin.

"It's working!" AJ cheered as smoke appeared from the fire being's skin.

"Come on, everyone-- concentrate!"

They shut their eyes tighter as they swirled around faster, creating a water tornado to surround them and to target the fire being. The being hissed and snarled and shook it's head as it's smoke started to lift into the air.

"Come on... come on...!!"

Finally, the fire being let out a final screech before disappearing into smoke completely. They all cheered.

"We did it!!"

"Hooray!" Pickle beamed. "Crusher's saved!!"

"But when will he wake up?" Blaze asked.

"We need some more healing magic," Glacier replied. "Pickle, can you help with that?"

"You got it!"

Pickle waved his tentacles, causing green magic to surround Crusher. After a while, the magic glowed gold before fading away. A groan escaped from the mermaid prince's lips as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Guys...?" he hissed as he forced himself up. "Oh man... I had the craziest dream that my mom and dad and siblings came to save me from a demon dragon."

"Uh, Crusher..." Blaze smiled and glanced over at him. "That wasn't a dream,"

"Huh?" Crusher looked up and jumped. "What the? Blaze? Is that you? How... How are you a mermaid...? How are ANY of you mermaids??"

"Turn around and you'll find out," Blaze offered a smile.

Crusher turned and froze at the other mermaids gathered around him.

"Mom? Dad? No, no... they forgot about me..." Crusher shook his head and turned away, head down as he hugged his tail. "This... This isn't real... It's all an illusion..."

"Crush..." Dynama frowned and swam to him, holding his hand. "This isn't an illusion,"

"It's really... us," Glacier swam forward too, holding his other hand. "You're really home,"

"If it is you, then why did you never come for me? I thought you stopped caring..." Crusher sobbed.

"We never stopped caring, sweetheart," Krisha hugged him. "We've tried and tried and tried to find you,"

"So many of our citizens and friends had also been captured by that circus," Calvin hissed. "For the past few years, we had to multitask between finding you and protecting our friends and people in our kingdom and cove,"

"So... you never stopped loving me...?"

"Never did and never will," Krisha kissed his forehead.

"Oh... oh, Mom!! Dad, guys!!"

Crusher hugged his mother, the one whom he haven't seen in years. Dynama and Glacier beamed before joining in the hug, as did Calvin.

"I'm so sorry... I just missed you so much..." Crusher hissed and held his family close.

"We missed you too," Dynama sniffled her tears. "
You AND Pickle,"

"Awww!!" Pickle smiled, cuddling close to the family.

"Crusher, we'll give you time to reconnect with your family," Blaze said.

"Why the rush?" Krisha said. "You're all welcome to stay, and here is a small reward for bringing our family back together."

And with that, Calvin brought forward glowing seashell necklaces and wrapped them around the family's necks.

"Woah!" Sparkle gasped. "So pretty!"

"These necklaces will allow you to switch forms whenever you wish," Krisha smiled.

"These necklaces are amazing," Blaze smiled and gave a bow. "Thank you, your majesties,"

"You're welcome. Now, everything is finally perfect."