Part 4

The walk from the game hall back to the main room was quiet. Everyone was traumatized from the events that just occurred. Ali and I were walking with Sang-woo and Gi-hun. But none of us spoke.

When we reached the main hall again, we sat on the stairs in between two of the bunk beds. I was in the inside with Ali, while Gi-hun and Sang-woo were sitting on the outside. 

"Sang-woo." Gi-hun said, finally breaking the silence. "You helped me. Thank you." Sang-woo just nodded. Gi-hun turned to Ali, who was sitting across from me. I was beside Sang-woo, and Ali was beside Gi-hun.

"And you did too." Gi-hun said to Ali. "You saved my life out there."

"You're alive. That's what matters." Ali replied.

The metal doors opened again, and everyone shot up.

A square, and eight triangles, four either side of the square, walked into the hall.

"You have all made it through the first game. Congratulations. You're moving on." the square said. Gi-hun turned around and looked at us all. "I will now announce the results of the first game." The screen above the shapes started changing. The 456 amount of players declined, until it eventually hit 201. I sighed in disbelief and I felt Ali grab my hand.

"Out of 456 players, 255 were eliminated, and 201 players successfully completed the first game." the square said.

The crowd all gasped and some almost cried.

"Mister, please." A woman from the crowd said. She ran out infront of the crowd. "Listen. I'm so sorry. I swear I will pay what I owe. I'll do it, I'll pay it all." She started crying, and got down on her knees and begged. "Please sir.  I have a child. Oh! So young, I need to register, and I still need to name my child, sir." I felt so bad for this woman. I started tearing up, and felt Ali's grip on my hand tighten.

"Please sir, let me leave." the woman continued to beg.

Another woman emerged from the crowd, "Please. I'm so sorry. Sir, I'm begging you. Let me leave and I swear I'll find a way to pay it all. Let me go home." She was on the her knees too.

Yet again, another woman got on her knees and begged too. "Me too. I can't keep going. Sir, please, I can't go on. Please let me go home."

A group of people, women and men, began begging and crying with them. Sang-woo turned to look at me, almost as if he was expecting me to be crying and begging too.

"There seems to be a misunderstanding. We are not trying to hurt you-" the square said.

"Well that's a load of bollocks. I doubt he even knows what just happened. Motherfucker." I said. Gi-hun, Sang-woo, and Ali all looked at me, completely agreeing.

"-or collect your debts. Let me remind you that we're here to give you a chance." the square continued.