Part 11

We were going to win. This would be fun. I looked up at him, and shook Jeong-Hoon's hand, smiling. I looked around at our group. 244 had left us for someone else. Sang-woo and Ali were together, 240 and Sae were together, so was Gi-hun and the old man. But 212 had to find a partner, and the time was almost up. Less than a minute left.

"Hey you two." I yelled over to Ali and Sang-woo, smiling. "Go easy on us."

"I guess we can try." Ali smiled back.

"Yeah! But we have pure strength and brains on our team." Sang-woo laughed, pulling Ali into a side hug.

"And we don't?" Jeong-Hoon smiled from behind me. "Little missy over here was top of our class, and the class above us, and me.. well.." He smirked, and suddenly lifted me up with one hand.

"Jeong-Hoon put me down." I laughed, as he lifted me higher, and higher into the air. He finally put me down, and I looked at the boys, who were laughing with us.

"The time for finding a partner is now over."

"You guys!" 212 yelled out. "You're all making a big mistake. Do you really think you can win without me on your team? It's me, Han Mi-nyeo!" So that was her name. "I've made suckers out of everyone there is from Dongducheon to Gangnam! Guys... What if you have to play Gnoggi or Elastics? I'm an expert at those!"

I walked past her with Jeong-Hoon, Sang-woo and Ali. "Y/n.." she frowned. "We could've made a great team! A woman's team! And took down all the men!"

"I'm sorry Mi-nyeo." I hugged her. "I wish you well." I let go of her, and walked towards the game hall.

I could hear Mi-nyeo's screams from down below. They were going to kill her. I felt bad.

"Attention. All players, please follow the staff to your designated positions for the game."

"Good luck." I smiled at Ali and Sang-woo, as a triangle led them away. A triangle came up to Jeong-Hoon and I, and we followed him.

We were in this sort of neighborhood maze type thing.

"Interesting setting huh?" Jeong-Hoon said, looking around.

"Hell yeah, what is this place huh?" I replied laughing. 

"Players, please take one bag each from the staff member before you."

The triangle stopped in its tracks, and held out two bags. I took one, and so did Jeong-Hoon. "I wonder what this will be." He smiled at me.

"There should be a set of ten marbles in each bag. Please check to confirm the number."

I opened the bag, and ten marbles fell into my hand.

"Marbles.." I said, counting them.

"Don't worry Y/n." Jeong-Hoon said, shooting me a smile. "I remember I was very good at most marble games. You weren't the worst either. And as long as we're not playing against any of your friends, it'll be okay. I believe in us. We'll win. Together."

I looked up at him and smiled. "Together. We'll probably be against them two there." I said, pointing to the pair ahead of us. It was the married couple.. Number 69 and 70.. I wished it wasn't them.

"In this game, using your set of ten marbles, you will play the game of your choice with your partner." My smile dropped. I had to play Jeong-Hoon. Only one of us would make it out alive. "The player who manages to take all ten marbles from their partner wins. Let me repeat the instructions. Using your set of ten marbles, play the game of your choice with your partner. The player who manages to take all ten marbles from their partner wins."