Started at the bottom, now we are here [Marco/Ace]

Summary:
Even if they hadn't seen each other in a long time, love never dies.

Request

Tags:
Childhood friends, slow romance, a dash of angst, kissing, underage drinking, flashbacks

Just a fair warning: this will contain several flashback moments xD

____

Five years old, filled with nothing but uncontrollable, fiery passion, and stubborn as hell. That, exactly that, would be the first impression he made on the man he came to fall in love with.

The, at the time, ten year old had said nothing when Ace introduced himself however. His short stubby hands reaching out before him with a newfound impatience, urging the blond to hold out his own and shake his hand like the adults always do. In defense for the young, blond teen, Ace had introduced himself, plenty of times if he thought back on that.

Both their parents were close friends, up to this very day, and thus Ace knew the blond teen for, in his eyes, his entire life. Marco, his best friend despite being five years ahead of him, never seemed to have a problem with Ace's self-proclaimed statement of them being 'BFF's', to him this was merely amusing and he let the currents take him wherever Ace would lead them.

Problematic and adventurous. That's what Marco said to him at the age of seven, the other being twelve. Ace with his carefree nature tended to get himself into trouble most of the time, finding a challenge around every corner and never backing down from a fight. Naturally Marco had to come, being swept up in Ace's grand scheme of things and getting the blond into situations unfathomable to any child their age.

They would get scolded, obviously. Drooping inside one of their respective homes with ripped clothing or mud stains that clung to them like new skin, showing up with a split lip or a freshly blossoming black-eye, and the worst would be when Marco had been send to the hospital after a tricky fall from a tree. And despite that, Marco never left his side. Their difference in age didn't stop him from coming over, and even when Marco entered high school he would tag along Ace's misfit of adventures.

A smile blossomed on his face at the thoughts of his closest friend.

Soft rumbles of the old car are muffled by the radio, some old '70's song that almost everyone knows the lyrics of. The road displaying nothing other than asphalted street with long green fields on each side, occasionally broken by a single home that rests in the never-ending green or herds that enjoy the pleasant summer breeze.

His drive had been a long one but he couldn't care less, loving every minute of the same grey pavement he moved over at a high speed, excitement bubbling within his chest. He had been more than eager to hit the gas, not wanting to waste any more time driving despite loving the scenery he had not seen in years. But his bank account isn't much of a fan of sudden plunders.

He wants to rush to the party, but not at the cost of being pulled over.

'SPHINX NEXT EXIT'

His smile grows brighter at the sight of the sign, elated to know his destination is almost within reach. The scene growing more and more familiar with every roll of his tires, feeling giddy to remember the little details about his old hometown. But today he has one destination in mind; Newgate estate.

/-/-/-/

"Whoa, you live in a house this big?! Are you a prince?" Asked a stunned six year old, his dark eyes wide with wonder as he looked towards the giant home he is introduced to. Home no fitting description as it could easily match their school in size alone.