𝟏𝟏▬ι═ﺤ𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭▬ι═ﺤ

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ༶•┈┈♛┈┈•༶-═══════ι▬▬

"AKINARI!"

The said girl raised her gaze from her book and looked back at the owner of the voice. There, she saw a girl with strawberry blonde hair who was running towards where she was. She was sitting under a tree near their school, reading a book instead of eating lunch.

She softly placed the book on her lap as she watched the other female until she stopped in front of the h/c haired girl. She had her hands on her knees as she tried to regain her breathing, the seated girl watching her do so.

"Yes? Do you need something Hina?" Y/N asked the girl when she sat on the ground beside her. Hina then frowned at her, "It's lunch and I wanted to hang out with you. That's why I thought I should accompany you here so you won't feel alone!" The strawberry blonde gleefully said, causing Y/N to feel as if something caressed her heart from her kind gesture.

Y/N gave the other girl a small smile, "Thank you, Hina, I appreciate it."

"It's nothing! We're friends and that's what friends do." The other female replied. Y/N gave her one last smile before returning her gaze to the page she bookmarked using her thumb and started reading again.

"Why are you reading instead of eating? It's lunchtime and it's called lunch for a reason, you know." She then glanced at the strawberry blonde who she didn't notice scooted closer to her and was glancing at her book, chopsticks in hand as she chewed while her eyes were trained on the page.

The strawberry blonde then furrowed her brows as she swallowed her food, "Eh? This is advanced medical stuff. We're in the same year and I don't think we're discussing this kind of topics in any of our subjects, even in my cram school..." She then leaned back and looked at Y/N, still having that confused face.

Y/N grinned a bit, "I just like reading medical things because it fascinates me and since I kinda need to know about it for personal reasons. Also just in case of emergencies." She answered.

Hinata nodded, "Oh, so does that mean you want to be a doctor in the future?" 

The h/c haired girl froze at the innocent question, going unnoticed by the eating strawberry blonde. A sad smile adorned her lips as she looked down a bit.

As if I can even if I wanted to.

She dismissed the negative thought and bitterly chuckled, "Hmm, maybe."

Hina smiled, "Well, it's not impossible. I mean, from the whole week and a half we've become friends, I can say that you're really kind and like a dependable person, someone you can always run to and make others feel safe."

With surprised eyes, Y/N raised her head and looked at the other girl in disbelief, "R-Really?"

Hinata just smiled at her sweetly, her cheeks puffing out because of the food as she raised her thumbs, "Mhm! So there's no doubt that you'll become a great doctor!"

To say that she was happy from what Hina said was an understatement. The feeling of having someone believe in you was something not too foreign yet nostalgic to her. It is true that she wanted to be a doctor, but she didn't expect Hina to say those things, telling her how good of a person she is.