__CHAPTER 7__

Visu POV:

Hot tears keep flowing down. She feels numb. Unknowingly visu just walked down the stairs and went to her room. She just washed her face and set her emotions at par. She walked down the stairs.

Visu “ Chanti. Go call madhu and aksh down for dinner. They are on the terrace.”

Chanti “ok amma”

(generally chanti calls visu as visu amma/ amma)

Visu is in a mechanical mood.

Everyone sat down for dinner. Madhu and aksh are smiling at each other. Madhu was shy all the time. Seeing all this pricked visu’s heart. Everyone at the dining table were smiling and having the time of their life and visu feels out of place staying there. 

Visu feels out of place and excuses herself that she is not feeling well and leaves to her room.

I was dum all the way. I have loved a person who will never even have a glance at me. For once in my life I thought if I put in all my efforts to at least stir an interest in him to look at me as a person he would cherish. I have thus failed. It was always madhu. Why wouldn't it not be her and me for once. I wish he would at least give me a chance to actually see the real me.

 Visu remembers how she developed a crush on aksh.

____________________________________

2 years ago:

Umamaheswar nivas

Mia and Visu were hiding behind a pillar and listening to the drama unfold in front of them.

Shiv “ maheswar and I have decided to get Om and Appu married. Both of us have talked to them and both of them are cordial with it.”

Uma “ But shiv! They are still young and also Aksh is elder to Om.”

Maheswar “ It's better it happens this way.”

Aarti “Aparna is 20 and Om is also 20 why can't you let them settle first.”

Shiv “ There's no rush, both of them will get settled and give each other some time. It's not like they have to be husband and wife right after they get married. They can wait for some time.”

Uma “ But, we should..”

Raghuveer “ It's my decision for them to get married and their call to say yes to the marriage. Get the arrangements done.”

Uma and aarti pull appu to a room and question her

Uma “ why are you doing this appu? “

Appu “ as far as i know i'm not a person who can be forced into doing things.”

Uma “ then why are you doing this.”

Aarti “why are you silent? Answer us. If you are not willing to get married we can stop this marriage.”

Appu takes a deep breath

Appu “ i was also shocked with the idea of marriage. You see our company is facing troubles and naana and mavvaya (dad and uncle) are tense these days. So raghuveer thata suggested we check with jyotishee( astronomer generally suggests ways to prevent bad luck through prayers). After checking we came to know that Om is going through a hard period i.e the accident , surgery he had and all that may get drastic if we don't do mrityunjaya homam. They suggested that he get married to do homam. Both naana and mavvaya (maheswar and shiv) asked me if I would say yes and gave me time to think for both of us. I thought I do like OM and we've been friends ever since and don't have a boyfriend. I reached out to him. He felt the same. It's better to get married to a person I know rather than a stranger. So I said yes and om said the same.”

Uma and Arti were shocked would be an understatement even so both were happy that it was not a forced marriage as they thought so.

Aarti  “ Well finally it's your call. Remember we both will always be there to help you with this marriage and everyhting.”

Appu “ I do have a request.”

Uma” Anything for you”

Appu “ I want to have a closed and intimate wedding. I still have to complete my studies and i am not a fan of all these ceremonies and I have exams to prepare for.”

Uma “ it's your call. We will talk to shiv and maheshwar.” 

Suddenly Mia and Visu come into the room and hug appu.

Visu “ akka (elder sister) i know it's a hard choice but don't worry i will support you.”

Mia “ I will personally break Om’s bones if he troubles you.”

Appu “ when did my visu and mia grow up to be adults.”

Visu “well... when you're busy stuck up with your nose in a book.”

All the three of them laugh out

Aarti “ Well then , we have a wedding to prepare.”

Uma “ I'll call Sameera to book their tickets.”

After a week:

A day to Om and Appu's wedding.

Aksh, sankar and sameera come from America. Madhu misses out because she had important project submissions and seminars.

____________________________________

TO BE CONTINUED…..