1.4|Keeper of the Keys

[That stormy night, a tall house, on a rock island somewhere out at sea. The Dursleys, including Madelyn have moved there, due to the chaos with the letters. The family is sleeping, with Maddie on the cold, dirt floor and Dudley sleeping on a sofa. Maddie has drawn a birthday cake which reads, Happy Birthday Madelyn. Maddie looks at Dudley's watch, which beeps 12:00.] everyone looks at Maddie sadly, Lily, James and their friends all make a promise to spoil her on her birthday whilst not being bratty and unmannered of course.

Maddie: [to herself] Make a wish, Madelyn. [she blows the "candles" on the drawn birthday cake]
[Suddenly, the door thumps, everyone jumps. in sync with the thunder flashing. Madelyn jumps. The door thumps again and Dudley and Maddie jump up and back away. Maddie hides behind a wall, and Dudley cowers on a windowsill. Petunia and Vernon appear, with Vernon holding a double barrel gun.] "HE HAD A GUN?!" Lily shrieks "what's a gun?" James asked her, "a muggle weapon they use to kill people" Lily said to him.

Vernon: Who's there? Ahh!
[The door bangs again and then falls down, and a giant man appears. As he comes into the clear lighting, he is revealed to be Hagrid.] 3 out of the 4 houses cheer at the half giant.

Hagrid: Sorry 'about that. [He puts the door back up]
Vernon: [aiming his gun at him] I demand that you leave at once, sir! You are breaking an entering!
[As Petunia quietly gasps in fear, Hagrid grabs the gun and bends it upwards.]

Hagrid: Dry up, Dursley, you great prune. [The gun fires upwards, blasting a hole in the ceiling, causing the two to shriek in fear. Hagrid notices Dudley] now where's Madelyn?
Dudley: I-I-I'm not Madelyn
[Madelyn reveals herself]

Maddie: I-I am.
Hagrid: Oh, well, of course you are! Got something for ya. 'Afraid I might have sat on it at some point! I imagine that it'll taste fine just the same. Ahh. Baked it myself. [Hands Maddie the cake] Words and all. Heh.
[Maddie opens cake, which reads "Happee Birdae Maddie" in green frosting.]

Maddie: Thank you! "Yes! Thank you Hagrid!" James and Lily say to Hagrid "no problem" the giant said.
Hagrid: It's not every day that your young woman turns eleven, now is it aye?
[Hagrid sits down on the sofa, takes out an umbrella and points it at the empty fire. Two sparks fly out and the fire starts. The family gasps.]

Maddie: [puts cake down] Excuse me, who are you?
Hagrid: Rubeus Hagrid. Keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts. Course, you'll know all about Hogwarts.
Maddie: Sorry, no.
Hagrid: No? Blimey, Maddie, didn't you ever wonder where your mum and dad learned it all?
Maddie: Learned what?
Hagrid: You're a witch, Maddie.
[Maddie looks confused]

Maddie: I-I'm a what? "Your so clueless" Skyler comments, he gets whacked by his Fiancé "I just turned eleven! Give me a break!"
Hagrid: A witch. And a thumping good one at that, I'd wager. Once you train up a little.
Maddie: No, you've made a mistake. I can't be...a-a witch . I mean, I'm just... Madelyn. Just Madelyn.
Hagrid: Well, just Madelyn. Did you ever make anything happen? Anything you couldn't explain when you were angry or scared? [Maddie softens her expression] Ah.
[Dudley whimpers. Hagrid hands Maddie the same letter that has been sent the past while. Madelyn opens it.]

Maddie: Dear, Ms. Potter. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts' School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Vernon: [to Hagrid] She'll not be going! We swore when we took her in, we'd put a stop to this rubbish!
Maddie: You knew? You knew all along and you never told me?
Petunia: Of course we knew. How could you not be? My perfect sister being who she was. Oh, my mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter. We have a witch in the family. Isn't it wonderful? I was the only one to see her for what she was. A freak! And then she met that Potter, and then she had you, and I knew you'd be just the same, just as strange, just as ... abnormal. And then, if you please, she went and got herself blown up. And we got landed with you. Lily has tears in her eyes, "that's what she thinks about me?" She chokes out everyone looks at her with sympathy, James pulls her into a hug which she accepts which shocked him.

Maddie: [to Petunia, angrily] Blown up? You told me my parents died in a car crash! "That's how you found out about us?" James asked Maddie with tears in his own eyes, she nods sadly as Skyler pulls her into a hug.
Hagrid: A car crash? A car crash kill James and Lily Potter?
Petunia: We had to tell her something. "Yeah the truth!" Marlene and Sirius call out.
Hagrid: It's an outrage! It's a scandal!
[As the Dursleys argue with Hagrid, no one, including Maddie, is noticing Dudley taking Maddie's  cake away] "pig"

Vernon: She'll not be going!
Hagrid: Oh, and I suppose a great Muggle like yourself's going to stop her, are you?
Maddie: Muggle?
Hagrid: [to Maddie, calmly] Non magic folk. [he immediately draws his attention back to Vernon and Petunia in anger] This girls  had her name down ever since she was born! [As Hagrid was talking, Dudley was munching on Maddie's cake.] She's  going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world, and she'll be under the finest headmaster that Hogwarts has ever seen: Albus Dumbledore.
[Maddie smiles upon hearing Dumbledore's name] the group from the future all exchanged looks going unnoticed by anyone.

Vernon: I will not pay for some crackpot old fool to teach him magic tricks! "Shouldn't have said that" Sirius winced, "Hagrid who?" Fred mutters to the group and they laugh silently.
[Hagrid whips out his umbrella and points it at Vernon, threateningly.]

Hagrid: Never, insult Albus Dumbledore, in front of me. Dumbledore smiled at Hagrid.
[Hagrid finally sees Dudley eating Maddie's  cake, and aims his umbrella at his rear. He fires a magic spark at it, causing a grey tail to grow.] everyone bursts out laughing at Dudley's misfortune.

Dudley: Ahh!
[The Dursleys shriek in both fright and horror, as they run off out of sight. Maddie laughs at this, so does Hagrid.]

Hagrid: Oh, um, I'd appreciate if you didn't tell anyone at Hogwarts about that. Strictly speaking, I'm not allowed to do magic.
Maddie: [Nods] Okay.
Hagrid: [checks his pocket-watch] Ooh, we're a bit behind schedule. Best be off. [he goes off to the door and pulls it down again, before stepping out. He turns to Maddie] Unless you'd rather stay, of course. Hmm?
[He walks out. Maddie grins, looks back at the direction where the Dursleys are gone, and grins again, before grabbing her jacket and joins Hagrid on their journey to London.]

——————————♥︎——————————

Here is the next chapter!!!!! Hope you enjoy it

Published- 3rd October 2021
Edited-

Published- 3rd October 2021Edited-

Mischief Managed~ Talia