2.21| Petrified

[aerial shot of Hogwarts]
Madelyn: It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago.
[cut to Maddie, Sky Ron, and Hermione in a Hogwarts courtyard]
Hermione: It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be.
Ron: We don't even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me.
Madelyn: The monster killed someone, Ron. What would any of us have done?
Skyler: Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?
Ron: That'll be a cheerful visit. "Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?" [Hagrid is standing right behind him.]
Hagrid: Mad and hairy? You wouldn't be talking about me, now would ya?
Madelyn, Skyler, Ron, and Hermione: [in unison] No!

"Not suspicious at all" snickered Sirius.

[There is an awkward moment of silence.]
Madelyn: What's that you've got, Hagrid?
Hagrid: Oh, it's Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent. For the Mandrakes, you know. Now, according to Professor Sprout, they've still got a bit of growing up to do, but once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop 'em up and stew 'em, and then we'll get those people down at the hospital unpetrified. In the meantime, though, you three had best be looking after yourselves, all right? [He turns to leave. At the same time, Raelynn a girl from Maddie and Hermione's dorm rushes in.]
Hagrid: Hello, Raelynn.
Raelynn: [running up to Maddie ] Maddie, I don't know who did it, but you'd better come! C'mon!
[Rae leads Maddie, Sky, Ron, and Hermione up to their dormitory. The whole place has been ransacked. Ron, Sky and Hermione stand by the entrance as Maddie looks through the mess.]

"How come when Sky and Ron are in the girls dorm that alarm doesn't go off?" Peter asks.

"Because they were with me Rae and Hermione." Maddie explained.

"Skyler isn't supposed to be in the Gryffindor tower, he's in Ravenclaw." Said Lily.

"My siblings were all Gryffindor so Minnie made an exception for me, I just couldn't know the password." Sky explained.

Hermione: It had to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password, even Sky doesn't. Unless it wasn't a student.
Ron: Whoever it was, they must have been looking for something.
Madelyn: And they found it. [looks up from the mess] Tom Riddle's diary is gone.

[The Gryffindor Quidditch team is preparing for a match.]
Oliver: All right, listen up. We play our game, Hufflepuff doesn't stand a chance. [he begins leading the team out to the pitch] We're stronger, quicker, and smarter.
Fred: And not to mention, they're dead scared that Maddie'll petrify them if they fly anywhere near her.
Oliver: Well, that too.
[McGonagall is blocking the way out to the Quidditch pitch.]
Oliver: Professor McGonagall?
McGonagall: This match has been cancelled.
Oliver: You can't cancel Quidditch!
McGonagall: Silence, Wood! You and your teammates will go to Gryffindor Tower, now. Potter, you and I will find Mr. Weasley's. There's something the three of you have to see.
[McGonagall leads Maddie, Sky and Ron into the Hospital Wing.]
McGonagall: I warn you, this could be a wee bit of a shock.
[Hermione's petrified body is lying on a hospital bed.]
Ron: Hermione!
McGonagall: She was found near the library with Ms Raelynn Winters, along with this. [holds up a mirror] Does it mean anything to either of you?
Madelyn & Skyler: No.
Mcgonagall: Mr Weasley I'll escort you back to the Ravenclaw common room as it's not safe to be alone.

[The Gryffindors are gathered in their common room. McGonagall enters.]
McGonagall: Could I have your attention, please? Because of recent events, these new rules will be put into effect immediately. [reads off a piece of parchment] All students will return to their house common rooms by six o'clock every evening. All students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions. [sets parchment aside] I should tell you this: unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught, it is likely the school will be closed.
[McGonagall leaves the room. The students all look worried.]
Madelyn: We've got to talk to Hagrid, Ron. I can't believe it's him, but if he did set the monster loose last time, he'll know how to get inside the Chamber of Secrets, and that's a start.
Ron: But you heard McGonagall. We're not allowed to leave the Tower except for class.
Madelyn: I think it's time to get my dad's old cloak out again.

——————————♥︎——————————

I'm on a roll today with updates!

Published: 10/4/2023