1.7| Ollivanders

[Outside back in Diagon Alley, Madelyn and Hagrid are walking through the street. Maddie has bought most of her equipment, and is reading her list.]

Madelyn: I still need...a wand.
Hagrid: A wand? Well, you'll want Ollivanders. [he points to the store] No place better. Run along there, but wait. I just got one more thing I got to do. Won't be long.
[Maddie goes into the store, quietly. She looks around. There are shelves of wands in boxes, but no people.] James and Lily sit there excited to see their daughter get her wand.

Maddie: [Softly] Hello? Hello?
[Then, a nose came from the back, and a man appears on a ladder and looks at Maddie. The man is Ollivander and he smiles.]

Ollivander: I wondered when I'd be seeing you, Ms. Potter. It seems only yesterday that your mother and father were in here buying their first wands."how does he remembers that?" James and Lily ask no one in particular, everyone else has the same question in their head. [Picks a wand] Ah. Here we are. [Maddie  holds it, but does nothing] Well, give it a wave. [Maddie is hesitant, but waves. This causes most of the boxes to come flying out and crashing down. Maddie jumps and hurriedly puts the wand back on the counter. ] Apparently not. [Gets another wand from a box.] Perhaps this. [Maddie waves at a vase, which shatters, startling Maddie.] No, no, definitely not! No matter... [gets a wand from a box, but stops and becomes thoughtful] I wonder. "Wonder what?."[Ollivander hands the wand to Maddie. No sooner after she touched it Maddie suddenly glows under it, blowing her hair up and several of the paperwork in the background. Ollivander looked a bit surprised and deep in thought.] Curious, very curious.
Maddie: Sorry, but what's curious?
Ollivander: [examining the wand he gave to Maddie ] I remember every wand I've ever sold, Ms. Potter. It just so happens that the phoenix, whose tail feather resides in your wand gave one other feather, just one. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar. [Points to the lighting bolt scar on Maddie's forehead] "wait! So your wand is brothers to You Know Who's?" A Ravenclaw who figured it out asked Maddie "yes, but it saved my life" Maddie said truthfully.
Maddie: And...who owned that wand?
Ollivander: Oh, we do not speak his name. The wand chooses the wizard, Ms. Potter. It's not always clear why, but I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you. After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things...terrible, yes, but great. [he hands Maddie back her wand.] "did he complement You Know who?" "No he was complementing the magic dingbat!"
[Maddie then hears a knock on the window.]

Hagrid: Maddie! Maddie! Happy birthday! [Has a snowy owl in a cage, which hoots, her name is Hedwig.] "aww she looks so sweet!" Maddie looks down remembering how Hedwig died for her. (A/N my heart writing this part 😭)
Maddie: [amazed] Wow.

——————————♥︎——————————

Currently posting this near 9pm should  probably go to bed before my parents catch me on my phone

Currently posting this near 9pm should probably go to bed before my parents catch me on my phone. Goodnight! (Or wherever your time is)
Published- 6th October 2021
Edited-