Chapter 3

Charlotte was still holding the baby in her arms when she arrived at Yami's home. The large double doors intact for once. She knew how his squad  tended to destroy things. Speaking of: for their own safety, Yami sent all of the black bull members on a useless mission.

She felt grateful for it, she didn't want to explain why she had agreed to raise a baby with the man she claimed to hate every day of her life. But she would like to go to bed herself right now. It was still the middle of the night, the meeting had lasted longer than she had thought.

Everyone she knew was sleeping right now, and knowing the way babies were, she wouldn't get much sleep tonight. But she would force Yami to help, she would 𝙉𝙤𝙩 do this alone.

Charlotte looked down at the little boy squirming in her arms. He needed a better bed, surly sleeping in someone's arms would get uncomfortable after a while.

"He needs a bed" she whispered, Asta had been woken up enough tonight.

Yami hummed. "I don't really have a baby bed" he whispered back.

Charlotte stopped herself from groaning out loud. She knew very well that he didn't have one, but she was hoping for a helpful solution.

"Fine, we'll get something in the morning. Do you have a spare room?" She asked.

"Yeah, upstairs, second door to the right" he replied.

Well, at least it was something. He was probably just as bad as she was. Why did she even agree to this, it was ridiculous. She couldn't take care of a baby but now she was stuck with it.

"You're really going through with this?" Yami asked, as Charlotte began walking upstairs.

Charlotte nodded. "Children need someone to look after them. Aside from the fact you'd probably kill him within 10 minutes, he needs a mother and a father" she explained.

"Alright, but you can't stay forever. You have your own squad to worry about" as rude as it sounds, Charlotte knew he was right.

"I'll find a solution. Besides, I'll only stay as long as he needs me" she said sternly.

"Children will always need their mother" he reminded.

Charlotte huffed, looking down at the squirming baby in her arms. She knew that, how long had she been going to her mother when she felt stressed. Children always seemed to have a special connection with their parents, especially their mother

"But I'm not his mother...." She muttered. "I'm just the woman that's going to look after him."

"From now on you are. Maybe you didn't give birth to him, but I know with time, you won't see him any other way"

She sighed, how right he was. Most of the time, Yami seemed to be a complete jerk. But from time to time, she could see how thoughtful he could be.

"Well.... I'll probably stay until he's 5. He'll have learnt to take care of himself a bit better. Then I'm leaving him in your care." She finally said.

"Alright, but you'll still visit right?" Yami raised an eyebrow.

Charlotte felt her face go pink. Why was he interested in that? Did he want her to stay? No, It's probably something else Charlotte told herself. It's probably something else, just ask him. What did he mean, like a normal person. It's a normal question, so she could give a normal answer.

"Of course I will" she scoffed. Damn it!

"Good, he'll grow up thinking your his mom. Leaving and never coming back would be bad for him" the man explained.