Chapter 18

[I am so sorry. I forgot to update yesterday. Played some Wii with friends and forgot to update the new chapter. Well, now you're getting it. I have two more chapters done after this one and I hope that I get the time to write some more. If not I will let you knof if there will be a short pause of the fanfic.]

[Anyway, enjoy]

-----------------------------------------------------------

As he looked up into the sky, Asta noticed the two figures fighting. Without a doubt those two were Yuno and Zagred aka Dad.

Yeah, Asta thought, there was no way he was going to call him that. It didn't matter if it was true, and according to Liebe it was, there were already people in his life that filled the role of mother and father.

By now he knew that it was the truth, but they raised him. And they loved him. There was a lot they had to talk about when he got home, but he wasn't actually mad at them. Mostly confused. And what else was he supposed to feel.

Even if they had lied to them, if Liebe had been telling the truth, and Asta knew he had, then they had a very good reason to keep this a secret. A few hours of talking would fix this, he knew it.

"Hey"

The teen turned around to see the others. Noelle had her usual 'I am a royal' look on her face. By now she only did that when she was annoyed or expected something from others. Not respect, but action. She wanted him to do something.

"Can you do anything with those?" she nodded at his wing.

Asta flexed his shoulder, seeing if he could even move it at all. It felt weird, but right at the same time. Well, it was a part of him, wasn't it? Of course it would feel natural in some way. Even more than he would like to admit. But it wasn't a bad thing at all.

He could use that against his enemies. Flying would give him a great advantage.

Surely enough the wing moved when he willed it too, flapping a bit and creating a slight gust of wind.

"Seems like it" Vanessa smiled.

"Yeah" the teen nodded. "But I think I have to practice this some time. I don't know how to fly."

Without much effort, the wing moved however he wanted it to. Left and right, curling against his back and unfolding again. Seemed easy enough, he decided.

Eventually he had to decide if this was something he could accept in his life. If he could accept this other side of himself. Liebe seemed like the opposite of himself, but like him at the same time. They shared some similarities and maybe one day, he would want to come out after all.

Asta himself couldn't imagine a life where he could only watch the events take place, never able to do anything about them, not even wanting to. Watching the life of another. It sounded weird. But weirdness seemed to be a part of his life.

"Practice later. Now we have to get rid of him" Noelle said, clearly talking about the devil in the sky.

"Yeah, but I don't really know what to do" the teen admitted.

Finral hummed. "We can't keep him occupied for the next three days. There has to be something we can do."

The blond bit his lip. He'd rather stay away from the devil. No, he wasn't scared, but he didn't know everything that guy could do either. He didn't even really know his magic.

Why couldn't this guy have stayed where he belonged? He didn't belong in this world. There was a reason why devils were trapped in the underworld. Beside Liebe, Asta had never even heard of a devil that had good intentions.