Chapter 10

The next mission he was finally allowed to attend was one that was important. He knew it without even asking. Since they found out that the enemy is searching for magical stones, the magic knights made it their mission to find them first.

No one knew why they needed them, but Asta had a feeling that one would be enough to stop their whole plan. He didn't even know what they wanted, but the way they had attacked innocent people made it clear that they didn't care who got hurt along the way.

And that made it their personal mission to stop them at any cost.

When they found out that one of the stones was in an underwater temple, they traveled there without hesitation. But one thing was stopping them. The temple had the name for a good reason, and there was no way they could swim down there without drowning.

The only solution was for Noelle to expand her spell. The spell that created a sphere around them. If she learned to control if better and make it bigger, then they could get down there.

During training, they met Kahono. A young woman with dark red hair and song magic. At first, she had been embarrassed when Asta and Noelle had spotted her. But then she told them everything. Her dream, her life. She promised to help them train.

Kahono gave Noelle the advice to let loose. That she was being to strict with herself. And, that happy memories would help to perfect the spell.

It took several days. Eventually after many healing and training sessions, Noelle seemed surprised herself when a new spell was born. Sea dragons cradle. Everyone cheered. But when Noelle turned to thank her new friend, she had already disappeared.

"Well, that was certainly interesting."

Asta yelled in surprise, turning around. He had totally forgotten that Yuno had joined them for the mission. It was something he didn't expect. In fact, Yuno had been joining them in a lot of missions lately.

He didn't really know why, and it didn't matter. Asta didn't mind at all. Yuno as strong. And the more the better.

"Yeah" he laughed awkwardly. "That was some help I didn't expect."

The teen watched the other as he looked at the moon high in the sky. Tomorrow would be full moon. Tomorrow they would go down to the temple. The best chance they would get for the month.

Mom had told him sometime that water mages were better at night, and best during full moon. He couldn't really remember why, but he knew it was true. Asta could see it with Noelle very good.

During the last days, the more the days edged towards the full moon, the easier it seemed to get for her. It wasn't just the training; it was the energy of the moon as well. And the same goes for fire mages and the sun. Their power grew during summer, at least Asta liked to think that. Maybe all of this was just imagination.

"We should go to bed" Yuno muttered. "We don't know what will be in the temple."

Without another word, he turned and left. Asta had learned that Yuno didn't talk much. That he liked to let his actions speak. And right now, they were telling him to follow. He didn't know what it was, but the pure desire to be closer to the other wouldn't let him go.

And the things Mom and Dad had said about those feelings didn't really help. The teen decided to find out himself what he was feeling. He wasn't stupid, read books about romantic feelings. And yet there was something holding him back from just admitting it to himself.

What could possibly go wrong? Relationships were something that everybody had in their life, right? So, why shouldn't he give it a try? Being in love for the first time was weird and something unknown.