Chapter 13

It took two more days before they could go home. With how much everyone was injured, it was impossible to leave. Luck and Magna had been unconscious for a whole day and even then, the healers refused to let them get out of bed.

Of course, both of them had complained about it. Especially Luck. That maniac insisted that he was fine and even challenged the healers to prove it. Which they denied. They told him to be patient. Not something that Luck was very good at.

When it came to fighting, everyone knew that Luck was an unstoppable force that only found it's end when he fell unconscious or died. That didn't happen often either. Most of the time it was Luck who knocked others unconscious, not the other way around.

So, when he woke up, the first thing he wanted to do was fight Vetto again to prove that he could win. Not like that was possible anymore. The man was dead. No one was surprised when the blond maniac pouted at that.

Asta himself was allowed out of bed rather quickly. Beside the fact that his arms were still bandaged and broken, he was fine. A few bruises here and there, but he was fine. The healers only healed the major injuries. They had said that they needed their magic power for the others too.

Asta could understand that. They healed what had been necessary, the rest could heal itself. All the teen wanted was to get out of the temple and to Owen. The only one who could help him with his arms right now.

When they were finally back home, the first thing he did was throw himself onto the couch, groaning in annoyance. Everyone else was fine again, but of course he had to wait until tomorrow. Dad had said that it was to late now, so they would go early in the morning.

"C'mon Kid, it's not that bad" Yami said.

"But I wanna go now" he whined.

Who was he kidding? His arms hurt and the sooner he could go and visit Owen, the sooner they would stop hurting. That's all he really wanted. It had only been two days, but it felt like months.

They were broken so of course every movement would hurt like hell. Asta could imagine that almost every bone in them was broken. Not like Vetto had been gently at all. What he still didn't understand though, was what he had said.

Master Licht has told us not to kill you. But I'm sure that a bit of pain is okay. You can take that, right?

Those were his words. What good could he be to them? Why did that Licht guy decide not to kill him? It didn't make sense at all.

"Just one night Asta. You've taken worse" Vanessa smiled.

Yes, he did. But that didn't mean that he preferred this at any level. His tolerance was high, but pain was pain. No one liked that. At least no one he knew. Well, beside Luck that is.

"Your day isn't over yet by the way. We're both about to get out butts kicked a little more" Yami said, lighting a new cigarette.

"What do you mean Captain?" Finral asked confused. And maybe a bit scared.

"Told Charlotte what happened" the man muttered, already regretting his decision.

"You told Mom?" Asta asked.

Yami only hummed. He told her about an hour ago, so she should be barging through the door any minute now. Maybe he should've waited until his son had visited Owen. When he was okay again. That would make her reaction a bit less drastic.

"You know her. If I wait to long, or someone tells her before me, she's going to throw thorns at me" Yami shrugged.

"How bad can it get?" Yuno asked.